Login required to post replies

NEW Bianchi TT bike
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: rayray: Jul 25, 14 20:21
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [rayray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of the shiv TT.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it! Might be an aero brick for all I know but it looks nice!
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually get annoyed when people say "X bike looks like Y bike," but that top/head tube is straight off of the Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Needs more celeste.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [Monsieur Trois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monsieur Trois wrote:
Needs more celeste.

definitely, would be perfect if celeste/black were swapped

------------------------------------------------------------
some days you're the windshield some days the bug
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice shiv!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be at Eurobike in a month and every year I fall for the same trick. I see an interesting new bike in brand booth B, and then as I walk around I see the same bike in booth G and booth R. In booth H and booth V it might be the same frame with a slightly different fork etc. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't really blame TT bikes for looking like one another,. the rules of physics don't change.

those seatstays look interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You misunderstood what I said, these bikes are indeed the same, they just feature a different logo. I hold my breath for this one until I see it at Eurobike. And then see some of the cousins. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [Monsieur Trois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Needs more celeste."

And also more Campy!
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
Can't really blame TT bikes for looking like one another,. the rules of physics don't change.

those seatstays look interesting.

I can only agree with you, another easy example is the similarity inbetween the plasma 5 and the Cervelo P5. There ain't 1000 perfect aerodynamic shapes. They are bound to find some similarities at some point...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frame weight is apparently 1250g and comes in four sizes, XS - S - M - L.

http://www.bianchi.com/global/bianchi/news_detail.aspx?NewsIDMaster=181399

@Herbert: there's a chance that Bianchi has exclusive rights over this frame seeing as they did with the D2 Pico Crono for many years, so we may not see it with other branding like some other frames in years gone by.

In the Italian TT bike stakes, I'd still take a Pinarello Bolide ;)
Last edited by: hansonator69: Jul 26, 14 18:48
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shame they're selling that one for a cool $13,500 just for the frameset...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
those seatstays look nothing like what I've seen on he market, so I dont think it's an open mould.
besides, if it uses the rather well reviwed countervail CF, which bianchi has exclusive rights to, then it definitey won't be the same.

Besides, to my knowledge I have not seen Bia nchi ever use open mould stuff. would be rather against the grain to see that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just noticed the only traces of cabling are the two short lengths that run the Di2 cables to the derailleurs. Well done.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/07/news/first-look-bianchis-new-aquila-cv-time-trial-bike_338608

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
You misunderstood what I said, these bikes are indeed the same, they just feature a different logo. I hold my breath for this one until I see it at Eurobike. And then see some of the cousins. :-)

Thats insulting to the manufacturers who dedicate ample time to producing a new bike. Your gross generalization is...gross.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please read the complete comments before judging. I said nothing bad about Bianchi or and specific brand, but I just noticed at these shows that many brands where TT or triathlon is not that much of a big importance, they just get stock frames. So I said that I hold my breath until I see more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A quick read of any press surrounding the bike would tell you that you wont. Seems you should completely read before judging. Never mind Bianchi has never had a history of releasing anything open mold-like.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I got your point... Like maybe that really cool Stevens from last year's Eurobike?
Quote Reply
Re: NEW Bianchi TT bike [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fairly coarse fit options

Have estimated some dimensions from measuring pics so will be a few mm out but the pattern will be correct. Don't know how high they're prepared to take the pad spacers so used 50mm max.
Have compared to the P5 as it has a single stem length and expansive fit range.
Much as I've always been a fan (and have sold a lot) of Vision clip ons they are really not a good brand for bike manufacturers to partner with on superbikes - the pad adjustment range is just too limited.
Quote Reply