Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NCAA Triathlons
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any information about the men's NCAA triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: NCAA Triathlons [mcnickey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought is was only womens?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't exist as an NCAA sport and likely never will. Colleges can compete at the club level.

USAT is piloting a few womens programs. Right now it is listed as an emerging sport for the NCAA. Thats another way of saying it willbe a while.
Quote Reply
Re: NCAA Triathlons [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok thanks. online I was only able to find
female information. So male ncaa triathlon wont happen for any other 2 years
Last edited by: mcnickey: Nov 23, 14 17:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, NCAA sanctioned men's triathlon won't EVER happen. Women's is fairly unlikely to actually become an official championship sport. There is no real momentum from schools to add programs and they only have 10 years to get enough programs. Roster size isn't high enough to be of real offsetting balance for title IX, therefore many thletic departments won't invest. I think D3 is more likely than D1 to add programs.
Quote Reply
Re: NCAA Triathlons [Craig P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAMN!! So I have to make the decision to purse D1 cross country or race triathlon hoping to make even
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mcnickey wrote:
DAMN!! So I have to make the decision to purse D1 cross country or race triathlon hoping to make even

No decision at all. If you are good enough to pursue D1 x-country, jump all over it. Triathlon will always be there. Consider D2 as well, free college is free college.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply