Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, i appreciate both you narcissists have some internal narrative that reinforces you both telling yourselves what a service and how much you are contributing to the knowledge of bike fit but if i recall you were banned for being a shill, trolling snake oil salesman who in the face of overwhelming evidence would continue to promote themselves

I am sort of hopeful now that you are at it again, that this is Dave's suicide note on the forim and he has brought you in to speed up his exit

Two birds with one stone so to speak
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
No, i appreciate both you narcissists have some internal narrative that reinforces you both telling yourselves what a service and how much you are contributing to the knowledge of bike fit but if i recall you were banned for being a shill, trolling snake oil salesman who in the face of overwhelming evidence would continue to promote themselves

I am sort of hopeful now that you are at it again, that this is Dave's suicide note on the forim and he has brought you in to speed up his exit

Thanks for your expert opinion.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, over 10000 views, and 600 posts. Wonder how this tread stacks up against the all time views and posts. :)

Thanks to everyone for making this possible.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biting the tongue isn't working anymore, this question needs asking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QCPtBpWKrA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wouldn’t surprise me with all the bias and fixed positions on this site that a discussion on pedal speed might be a death knell for Dave. What seems especially interesting to me is why some of you seem drawn to every post of Dave’s (or mine) so you can make sure some neophyte (the old timers don’t bother to click I suppose as they know nothing to be learned there) won’t be swayed by any spurious argument we might make. Tough job that only special people take on. Glad you are on the job.

Frank Day

Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Biting the tongue isn't working anymore, this question needs asking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QCPtBpWKrA

Yep, you are 100% correct, and I am protected by law. :)

Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

So where is there any data that Frank Day is banned? I look at his profile and it implies he is fine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the confirmation, more "power" to you!
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation, more "power" to you!

I do not lower myself to judge others.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ay%20banned#p3155496

Posted by a moderator. Banned, or do you just think its easier for you to paste his emails? Are you really that ignorant?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Is_ST_in_bed_with_Powercranks%3F_P3155496/?search_string=frank%20day%20banned#p3155496

Posted by a moderator. Banned, or do you just think its easier for you to paste his emails? Are you really that ignorant?

Plenty of folks have been "banned", and let back on. So, where does it show in a persons profile or anywhere on ST if a person is "banned"?

I still have no idea why folks want to talk about stuff that has no point to why I started this thread, but what the heck it gets clicks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Is_ST_in_bed_with_Powercranks%3F_P3155496/?search_string=frank%20day%20banned#p3155496

Plenty of folks have been "banned", and let back on. So, where does it show in a persons profile or anywhere on ST if a person is "banned"?

I still have no idea why folks want to talk about stuff that has no point to why I started this thread, but what the heck it gets clicks.

You really are a moron, aren’t you. Why are you questioning whether Frank is banned? He is like a rabid dog when it comes to spewing garbage in forums. If he was allowed to post here, we would all know. He posted endless streams of BS on cyclingnews until he was finally banned. I got a temp ban for baiting him, he got the lifetime ban. Now his only outlet is posting through a crazy old guy with more time and money than he knows what to do with.
Last edited by: Jctriguy: Dec 3, 17 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
If this is SO obvious, why do most bike fitters ignore fitter the athlete with shorter cranks to get a better aero position?

Where are your statistics for this claim you keep making? Most fit bikes have adjustable cranks (which contradicts your "most fitters don't have the tools to try different lengths" argument that you constantly spout), and most of the people I know who have had fits for their tri bikes are riding shorter cranks than what the bike was spec'd with. So where are you getting your "facts"?

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Dave's an engineer.

Boss - "Dave, tell us how you determined the specs for that bridge you designed"

Dave - points at calculator.....

Who is this Dave? I cannot follow who is who and who Dave is that got banned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JCTriguy posted: “.... I got a temp ban for baiting him, he got the lifetime ban. Now his only outlet is posting through a crazy old guy with more time and money than he knows what to do with.”

So, let me get this straight you are proudly posting here that you are a troll??? And, had some success so you have continued the practice???? Let me tell you that Dave has informed me that he blocks your posts so all your efforts are never seen my him. Smarter than he appears to you it would appear. He told me he has blocked you so only has seen the stuff that I have responded to. At least Dave seems to be keeping you off the streets, a benefit to society it would seem, but what you do has zero effect on him.

Frank Day

Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

If this is SO obvious, why do most bike fitters ignore fitter the athlete with shorter cranks to get a better aero position?

Where are your statistics for this claim you keep making? Most fit bikes have adjustable cranks (which contradicts your "most fitters don't have the tools to try different lengths" argument that you constantly spout), and most of the people I know who have had fits for their tri bikes are riding shorter cranks than what the bike was spec'd with. So where are you getting your "facts"?

Not the folks I have talked to who have had a fit. Not one said they had adjustable cranks offered. They said they were asked what they were using and they just left it there.

So bottom line, I sure basically only see 175 at races.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying some new testing to collect data. I have a 5 mile flat TT course, that I am doing.

I first spin, target 70 rpm, on my warmup, which is my 160-300 watts, 1 minute steps, then 5 minutes of 150 watts.

I am going back and forth in order on either 150mm cranks or 175mm cranks.

So if the start is 175 like today, I do the warmup on the 175's in erg mode, I then do the 5 mile TT trying to stay at a target around 70 rpm.
I then change over to my other VT, and do 150mm cranks on the 5 mile TT, target 70 rpm.

In both TT rides, I stay in aero 100% of the time.

I guess we will adjust the aero bars down a little at at time and see what happens with the numbers, and my back.

What makes this fun for the off season is at least, FOR ME, I feel I am collecting data that is helping me ignore what I have always heard, but, IMO, never
saw any real data to back things up. First was you had to have long cranks for leverage in the hills. Second was you had to spin high RPM. So far, for ME,
the data says both of these were bad race choices over the years.

Oh well, never too old to try new stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Let me tell you that Dave has informed me that he blocks your posts so all your efforts are never seen my him. .

Frank Day

Curious. How are you seeing the posts, if Dave is not forwarding them (seeing them) to you for a response?
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Let me tell you that Dave has informed me that he blocks your posts so all your efforts are never seen my him. .

Frank Day

Curious. How are you seeing the posts, if Dave is not forwarding them (seeing them) to you for a response?

I still do not believe Frank is still banned.

The best a ban can do is block an IP. So if one uses a different IP, one can see posts.

I have never sent Frank a ST post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You do realize that Dave lives in the mountains and had fallen for the myth that longer cranks help you climb better because they have better leverage.

Seems strange to use this as an argument since Dave has repeatedly said that he performs all his cycle training indoors...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

The best a ban can do is block an IP. So if one uses a different IP, one can see posts.

If he isn’t banned –

1. Why was his last login on Jan 5th 2011 (from your screenshot)

2. Why are you posting his replies? This makes no sense – surely as an athlete you value economy of effort?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Let me tell you that Dave has informed me that he blocks your posts so all your efforts are never seen my him. Smarter than he appears to you it would appear. He told me he has blocked you so only has seen the stuff that I have responded to.

Ok, so that must mean that you’re either logged into the h2ofun account and posting yourself or that you are constantly emailing Dave with what to post (and therefore he is having to read what JCT posts anyway). The other alternative is that you’re both located in Dave’s basement. If that's the case, I'm guessing Dave is typing while you dictate (due to typos, grammar etc.)
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote: "Where are your statistics for this claim you keep making? Most fit bikes have adjustable cranks (which contradicts your "most fitters don't have the tools to try different lengths" argument that you constantly spout), and most of the people I know who have had fits for their tri bikes are riding shorter cranks than what the bike was spec'd with. So where are you getting your "facts”?”

This would be easy enough to find out. Just start a thread asking for those who have had a bike fit ended up changing their crank length as a result of that fit. If it is more than 1% I would be surprised. I know of one fitter who tells a lot of people that they really need shorter cranks but few actually make the change. Most just fit people to the cranks on their bike. The few who hang out here might be a little different but I would be surprised.

Frank Day

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Frank Day

Oh FFS. A ban means you can't log in. You can't post drivel anything if you're not logged in. Frank can however surf the forums as a not logged in or "guest" user. Is that really so hard to grasp?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Frank Day

Oh FFS. A ban means you can't log in. You can't post drivel anything if you're not logged in. Frank can however surf the forums as a not logged in or "guest" user. Is that really so hard to grasp?

Dah

Quote Reply

Prev Next