Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
JustinNorCal wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Warbird wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Could never get in the aerobars since it was SO windy.

That's the best time to be in the aerobars...

Not when you have an 808 in the front

Very confused by what you think an 808 is, and also your choice of bike shoe.

Now this guy at your race had an 808 or deeper

Lets see, I just love when folks make conclusions on things they have no idea.

Do you know how many races I did Sunday? Do you know the distances? Do you know when the wind really picked up.
Do you treat anyone this negative in your life? And I sure hope you are not a coach to anyone.

Dave your lack of transparency is insane in this thread and why people are getting frustrated trying to help you. I do know the distances, as I have done the race some years ago myself. I have a great relationship with the athletes I coach because they are transparent and don't lead me down rabbit holes. I am not being negative. Even with an 808 you should be able to handle the wind at your size unless you are not running an equal depth or deeper rear wheel.

Last edited by: JustinNorCal: Oct 10, 17 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [tcaldwell369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tcaldwell369 wrote:
Am I correct that you rode on your 808s for the super sprint race? (The entire race which you finished in under a half hour?)

Nope, used my other bike with the platform shoes and training front wheel, and there was not much wind for the first race

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [tcaldwell369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just make sure you have at least 7-10 variables so you can not tease out any reason why you increased badmitten swatting power by playing hockey on the weekends.
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
tcaldwell369 wrote:
Am I correct that you rode on your 808s for the super sprint race? (The entire race which you finished in under a half hour?)

Nope, used my other bike with the platform shoes and training front wheel, and there was not much wind for the first race

Did both bikes have the same setup, other than wheels? Do the pedals put your feet in the same position? Do they allow your foot to stay in the same position? Usually aren’t as stiff as bike shoes, so might impact how much your heel drops? We’re both 175 cranks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ummmmmm am I seeing crazy s**t? .......your picture on the previous thread shows your bib number ending in number 9 correct? as per the results page on TBFracing.com you raced in two races, the regular sprint race your bib number is 309. The regular sprint race is a hour and a half race that you did on training wheels. Which means that the other race you used the 808 because you said you loaned out your training wheel..... the other race was a super sprint and only lasted 30 mins....your bib number for that race was 434.... so basically for whatever couple of mins on the bike that 808 was too death defying to manage you just had to stay out of the aerobars?
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You forgot the Rudy project “aero helmetâ€. Possibly one of the worst aero helmets ever made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tcaldwell369 wrote:
ummmmmm am I seeing crazy s**t? .......your picture on the previous thread shows your bib number ending in number 9 correct? as per the results page on TBFracing.com you raced in two races, the regular sprint race your bib number is 309. The regular sprint race is a hour and a half race that you did on training wheels. Which means that the other race you used the 808 because you said you loaned out your training wheel..... the other race was a super sprint and only lasted 30 mins....your bib number for that race was 434.... so basically for whatever couple of mins on the bike that 808 was too death defying to manage you just had to stay out of the aerobars?

Again, what are you talking about. Want pictures of my bib's I have in my hand?
My bib number for the super sprint was 434. I wore my Rudy helmet that I put my sprint number on, 309, before the races. So on my helmet, for the super sprint race, I had 309 on my helmet for the sprint race. I raced on my second P2 with my training wheels and platform pedals, as the picture posted shows.

For the sprint race, I was 309. I rode my main race bike, with my race 808 on the front, and a training wheel on the back since my zipp disc broke at Donner and same bike I raced on at worlds, if you want to look at the pictures from those races.

Again, your facts are just wrong. I loaned out my front training wheel on the P2 I raced the super sprint on to another guy. He used it during the sprint race, where I got to draft him some, and I used my 808 for the sprint, 15 mile bike with lots of wind, which was not happening during the first race.

I just do not understand if you want to attack me, please have your facts straight.

And what is interesting, I again could care less about splits. My focus is to get to the finish line as fast as possible. Never to have a "fast" bike split.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You sure mention your run splits pretty dang often for someone who self professes to "I again could care less about splits" Oh oh I get it now, you intentionally didn't say "I couldn't care less" because you indeed care so much. Got it.

What can be answered on page 12 and beyond that couldn't be said in the first 11?

How do these threads benefit the Slowtwitch community?
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [ntc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntc wrote:
You sure mention your run splits pretty dang often for someone who self professes to "I again could care less about splits" Oh oh I get it now, you intentionally didn't say "I couldn't care less" because you indeed care so much. Got it.

What can be answered on page 12 and beyond that couldn't be said in the first 11?

The point is so many waste time about a single split. I read all the time that if this pro or that pro would not go so hard on the bike that maybe they could run better and have a better overall time. I just try to make a point that maybe, just maybe, that I am smart on how I ride the bike which gives me a decent run and a decent overall finish time.

Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [ntc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There may not be much of a learning benefit but it is relatively entertaining to watch the train wreck each one of his threads turn into. I want to not click on them but it's too tempting to pass up.
Last edited by: maluminse: Oct 10, 17 16:19
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [maluminse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maluminse wrote:
There may not be much of a learning benefit but it is relatively entertaining to watch the train wreck each one of his threads turn into. I want to not click on them but it's too tempting to pass up.

You are Welcome

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
For the sprint race, I was 309. I rode my main race bike, with my race 808 on the front, and a training wheel on the back since my zipp disc broke at Donner and same bike I raced on at worlds, if you want to look at the pictures from those races.

Aha, and now the monkey comes out of the sleeve as we say in Dutch.

Here's another piece of free advice for you to get cranky about: riding with a front that's deeper than your rear *will* give you handling problems. The deep rear stabilizes you. Now the wind plays with your 808 without any counterbalance from the rear. There is a reason why riding a disk in windy conditions usually works.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! The point REALLY is that "so many waste time" giving Dave any advice! He'll simply ignore it, go on his own way, and toss out carrots for others to jump on and keep his arrogant self serving threads alive. Here I am adding fuel too, so my apologies. As stated, every thread turns into a train wreck, but we have to see how the horror show ends. His posts makes me want "term limits" for posters.

h2ofun wrote:
ntc wrote:

The point is so many waste time about a single split. I read all the time that if this pro or that pro would not go so hard on the bike that maybe they could run better and have a better overall time. I just try to make a point that maybe, just maybe, that I am smart on how I ride the bike which gives me a decent run and a decent overall finish time.
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Aha, and now the monkey comes out of the sleeve as we say in Dutch.

Here's another piece of free advice for you to get cranky about: riding with a front that's deeper than your rear *will* give you handling problems. The deep rear stabilizes you. Now the wind plays with your 808 without any counterbalance from the rear. There is a reason why riding a disk in windy
conditions usually works.

Thanks did not know that. I have ridden my zipp disc and 808 for years. But my disc broke a month ago. Learn something new. Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally we get the whole story, you see people feel the need to constantly attack you just to get your whole story. Even if all facts are truly unknown we still need to call you out on s**t just to get all the facts. You are putting yourself on trial all the time by the way you backdoor brag about your amazing run splits and then get the old grumpy attitude when someone calls you out on it. Honestly if you would let that dumb irrelevant stuff out of your posts they would turn out a lot better. And once again one your threads has absolutely nothing good come out of it because of the way you take and learn from what other people say, my point has already been made about using the 808s so ill leave that alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tcaldwell369 wrote:
Finally we get the whole story, you see people feel the need to constantly attack you just to get your whole story. Even if all facts are truly unknown we still need to call you out on s**t just to get all the facts. You are putting yourself on trial all the time by the way you backdoor brag about your amazing run splits and then get the old grumpy attitude when someone calls you out on it. Honestly if you would let that dumb irrelevant stuff out of your posts they would turn out a lot better. And once again one your threads has absolutely nothing good come out of it because of the way you take and learn from what other people say, my point has already been made about using the 808s so ill leave that alone.

I hope you do not coach folks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Show me anywhete i have not given facts. All i see is bs from a few accusing me of things that are not true. Do they come back and say sorry? Nope just act like i did not give facts. Thats fine i can handle it. Normal st stuff

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You say that about everyone who calls it how they see it...maybe its not the teacher but the student you needs to actually listen... hmmm seems like you may be bit of a snowflake on this subject...but most people would lay out everything they are doing and start fresh with everyone especially when they come on here and ask for advice. Basically all I had to do was call you out on something so we could better figure out why you felt is was necessary to stay out of the aero position and be scared of your 808. (We now know why running it only on the front is a stability issue.) But you are the one person who many people know that this is how to get info from you. But back to the subject, as said before you cant compare any of your data based on how you felt was faster. You need a powermeter and some time on the trainer getting your crank length figured out to compare your aero position output to your upright position output. With that said there is no one on here you feels they are putting out more power in the aero position as compared to their sitting upright position and that's the beauty about being in the aero position. You can produce less power but be much faster. Your body is a huge wind sail compared to those 808s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
tcaldwell369 wrote:

Yeah I would hate for a coach to be upfront and honest in order to help me progress (not to mention that post was actually pretty constructively written). Transparency is overrated - compliment my strengths and stop pointing out weaknesses!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many times now have you been glad someone isn’t a coach, especially when they called attention to some missing detail or fault in logic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again sir, just please stop. Your back door brags and RELENTLESS changing stories are just getting old. If you want advice on something, as for it and then LISTEN. Listen to the people offering it. If you don't agree with it, just say thank you and move along.

And here I am contributing to this troll again. UGH! But seriously. Just stop it.
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Blee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blee wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
tcaldwell369 wrote:

Honest, well, it that is how a coach or anyone thinks you help someone being "honest" like that, well, ....

Yeah I would hate for a coach to be upfront and honest in order to help me progress (not to mention that post was actually pretty constructively written). Transparency is overrated - compliment my strengths and stop pointing out weaknesses!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this morning with my Velotron with fixed cranks, 175. with the fixed cranks I can get down in the aerobars. I just cannot
do it on the powercranks.

I spent the last 5 minutes of the 10 per rpm level in the bars.

Sure a weird feeling as the rpms go up, I have less feeling that I am pushing the pedals vs spinning the pedals. The 70 rpm is feeling pretty good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I did this morning with my Velotron with fixed cranks, 175. with the fixed cranks I can get down in the aerobars. I just cannot
do it on the powercranks.

I spent the last 5 minutes of the 10 per rpm level in the bars.

Sure a weird feeling as the rpms go up, I have less feeling that I am pushing the pedals vs spinning the pedals. The 70 rpm is feeling pretty good.

Still in erg mode??

Do you understand what power is? Earlier in the thread you seemed to equate power with distance travelled. Not sure you know what you are doing or what the numbers are telling you.

How much of this testing is done with the powercranks in independent mode? I think that has already been pointed out as a major weakness of this ‘testing’ approach
Quote Reply
Re: My testing to try and find best crank length with my Velotron [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why can’t you go in the aero bars in powercrank mode? Is your seat not comfortable when are not supporting your weight during normal pedalling?
Quote Reply

Prev Next