Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My power meters (Power2max & Vector S) both intermittently fails to send watts/cadence
Quote | Reply
I'm having some big issues with both of my power meters, they keep getting interrupted towards both my Garmin 510 and the USB ANT+ on the PC (using Trainerroad).

To start off with, I've used a power2max for almost a year now, and last summer my Garmin 510 kept losing the power meter intermittenly and sometimes (especially during two races) it doesn't come back at all. The same thing happens indoors at home, and then both the PC and the Garmin drops the powermeter at the same time. Naturally I thought it was my power2max that was the problem.

Yesterday I bought a new Specialized Venge with Vector S pedals, and today I was going to give it a go indoors on the trainer, and the same thing happens again! With a completely new bike and new power meter.

Power meter 1: Power2max Road Type S. Installed on two different bikes by myself (not including the Venge) yet still the same issue.
Power meter 2: Vector S, installed by LBS..

What I've tried so far to narrow it down:
- Different bikes
- Different power meters
- Different trainers (using elite turbo muin now)
- Indoors and outdoors (although I would say it's more frequent indoors)
- Removing my heart rate belt
- Replaced the battery in the power2max
- Turning off wifi/bluetooth on the iphone
- Tried it on two different computers and different USB ANT+ sticks.
- I've even moved to a new home, and still the same problem.
Now, what I haven't tried is going outdoors with the new Venge/Vector S yet, but I'll be doing so on sunday.

I recorded a 1 minute video just to show what I mean, at the end I'm going up/down in cadence to show it's not really updating the watts. Uploaded the video at this url, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6wyKnh7nV0

As the Vector S is brand new as of yesterday I could go back to the LBS and have them replace it, but since I'm having the same issues with the power2max I doubt that would solve it. Unless of course both power meters are broken .. but that seems a bit far fetched even for me.

Is there anyone who's had the same issue? Any ideas and suggestions as to what I can do to sort this out is much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: My power meters (Power2max & Vector S) both intermittently fails to send watts/cadence [Ironswede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: My power meters (Power2max & Vector S) both intermittently fails to send watts/cadence [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201375484-Solving-WiFi-Interference-

That does actually seem to sort it out! Thanks.

However it does not explain why I lost my power2max during two races last summer, but that could be a completely separate issue than why it didn't work at home. I just assumed it was the same problem and not two separate.
Quote Reply