Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My "Swim Across Sweden", 640 km and raising money for WaterAid (see video)
Quote | Reply
Some might enjoy this short video summary of my charity project "Swim across Sweden" (Sverigesimmet), that I completed this summer.
I swam 640 k´s in 38 days, averaging 17 k´s per day, going from Stockholm on the east coast of Sweden to Gothenburg on the west coast.
I swam through lakes, sea canals, the Baltic Sea, man made canals and rivers as there are bodies of water making it possible to actually swim across Sweden.
This was a charity project for WaterAid and in the end we raised more than 100.000 USD (715000 SEK) for their work with clean water and sanitation in 3rd world countries around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUUJOD6y7RQ

There are a few other English narrated movies on the same Youtube-channel.
Quote Reply
Re: My "Swim Across Sweden", 640 km and raising money for WaterAid (see video) [Jonas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was great to follow this adventure, Jonas. Very well done and best of luck at Ö till Ö!

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: My "Swim Across Sweden", 640 km and raising money for WaterAid (see video) [Jonas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A very impressive feat and remarkable fundraising. Thanks for posting.
Can you also put a map of the route up? I'd be interested in knowing where you went!

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive both from both an athletic and charitable point of view. Like Barchetta I would also be very interested in seeing a map.
Quote Reply
Re: My "Swim Across Sweden", 640 km and raising money for WaterAid (see video) [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a map on the website sverigesimmet.se:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zlsRUMxlyCLw.k6D-lNc5Fcxw

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: My "Swim Across Sweden", 640 km and raising money for WaterAid (see video) [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link! I see that it wasn't possible to go directly across wasn't expecting so much ocean swimming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great video; thanks for sharing. Makes me very excited for a planned trip to Sweden this March to cross-country ski the King's Trail. Anything else we should be sure to see in Sweden when we come?
Quote Reply
Re: My "Swim Across Sweden", 640 km and raising money for WaterAid (see video) [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean the Vasa Ski Race, 90 kilometres, in the "tracks" of King Gustav Vasa fleeing the danes in the early 1500;s?
I´d say Stockholm is always a beautiful city to visit but Sweden in March doesn´t offer much in terms of weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonas wrote:
Some might enjoy this short video summary of my charity project "Swim across Sweden" (Sverigesimmet), that I completed this summer.
I swam 640 k´s in 38 days, averaging 17 k´s per day, going from Stockholm on the east coast of Sweden to Gothenburg on the west coast.
I swam through lakes, sea canals, the Baltic Sea, man made canals and rivers as there are bodies of water making it possible to actually swim across Sweden.
This was a charity project for WaterAid and in the end we raised more than 100.000 USD (715000 SEK) for their work with clean water and sanitation in 3rd world countries around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUUJOD6y7RQ

There are a few other English narrated movies on the same Youtube-channel.

So, how are your shoulders doing after 17,000 m/day for 38 days??? Also, how many km/day for how many weeks did you train to do this??? Surely you didn't do this long swim based just on your typical swim base during tri season??? In any case, that was a very impressive swim, even with the wetsuit and fins:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply