Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Muskoka Ironman and Muskoka Half Ironman Accomodation Suggestion
Quote | Reply
I've seen a few comments about the accommodation gauging that some athletes experienced at this years Ironman race and if I am right in hearing people paid $480 a night I can see why they think that. My wife and I raced the full IM this year and we lucked into an awesome B&B 2 km from the race venue called Algonquin Moon. Rates were $155 a night with a great breakfast. Rooms were spotless and very comfortable. They also had a secure garage to store our rides if we wanted to drive around without our bikes with us.The nice surprise for us was that the hosts really appreciate Ironman people and the dedication we have to the sport. They offered to make us what ever breakfast we needed race morning. Yes, that meant they were up at 4 am with us and if that wasn't above and beyond, they then drove us to the Transition Zone after breakfast. This was my wife's first IM and she nailed it at 12:40 which included a flat and waiting for me to catch up to her but the "Beast" got me on the run and I was a bit slower (actually a lot slower) getting to the finish than I had hoped. By the last loop of the run on Deerhurst Dr I was pretty much bear bait shuffling along in the dark. Best part of Algonquin Moon for me was after the race..... it was downhill on the bike to get back. Sweeeet. They book up fast (like a year in advance) but we got in on a waiting list. If you want great accommodations at an affordable price close to the race this place can't be beat.

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" Finding Nemo
Last edited by: 1460: Sep 4, 15 14:17
Quote Reply