Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Muskoka Hamstring ?
Quote | Reply
Any tips on how to finish Muskoka 70.3 with a very wonky hamstring? It popped in a couple places 4 weeks (there was bruising) ago at the end of a 1/2 marathon - I seem to be able to bike ok, and I can run for a couple of hours on the tread mill - but running outside I immediately feel the tug on the hamstring. I'm wondering if I should try try to go slow or just skip the run and hope it heals in time for Muskoka 140.6.

Any tips for completing the 70.3 with a bad hamstring?
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka Hamstring ? [d.hiddenwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tore my hamstring before 70.3 WC and Kona in 2013 with a silly fall on trail and experienced similar scenario. What I found was when I was cooked off the bike and not really running fast the amount of work the hamstring was doing was a lot lower and I could get through. But it is all personal. Mine was a high hamstring tear near the glute inserting, so it would be really "warmed up" after the bike. So the answer is "it depends". As a minimum, why don't you come to Muskoka do the swim and the bike, hand in your chip and go ride another bike loop while others are running for a catered training day?
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka Hamstring ? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info Paul ... I'll definitely do the swiwm and bike ... and hold off on a run decsion ... and going for a second loop on the bike would be great prep for late August ... this is lower hamstring if that makes any difference - seems to be unaffected on the bike.
Quote Reply