Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009
Quote | Reply
Since Dev and TriBriGuy seem to be encouraging me to either man-up, or get my ass handed to me again, here goes:

Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour 2009:

May - Harriman Half Iron
June - Epicman, Tupper Lake Half Iron
August - Timberman Half Iron
Sept - Westchester Toughman Half Iron
Oct - American Zofingen Long Course

All are welcome to come join me this season for some long course ST Smackdown action.
Post smack, drink beer, race, drink beer, post more smack. Lather rinse repeat.

I've got Dev signed up for Epicman, Tupper, and Timberman (and he should stop being such a wuss and do AmZof already), TriBriGuy will be coming back for a second helping of humble pie at AmZof, kdw is going to be my bitch at Timberman, I'm going to make tetsuoni cry at Harriman (and AmZof if he finally stops pussing out and races his own event), who else is in?

Desert Dude, you could be part of a great ST smackdown at AmZof... a little birdie told me there will be a special ST guest there.
Oh wait, there's no swim, so you wouldn't have a prayer against me there. Never mind.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Apr 28, 09 17:37
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"kdw is going to be my bitch at Timberman"

If that means fetching you a beer, I'll have one waiting for you at the finish, assuming you make it there...

Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"kdw is going to be my bitch at Timberman"

If that means fetching you a beer, I'll have one waiting for you at the finish, assuming you make it there...

I'll be sure to return the favor at the AmZof finish, assuming you make it there...

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What, no west coast tour? Thats crap. You need a better booking agent. Come on man, I went all the way across Canada looking for that ass kicking only to end up administering a beat down.

Besides, how do I know this isn't some smack I ran into a wall and had to DNF tour?

speaking of swim, I've got to go get my weekly 1500 in.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 28, 09 18:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man you start early !
But you do have smack talk as a super power
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in for the northern swing, maybe even AZ. How much time are you spotting me at tupper?

BTW how are you planning on making tetsuoni cry at harriman?
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"But you do have smack talk as a super power"

I dunno...smack talking after a DNF is a little like the freshman locked in the locker yelling "when I get out I'm going to get you."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No whiteface hill climb smackdown?
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gravity is not tetsuoni's friend. The only part of that course that ain't hilly is the swim. And even that can feel like it is.

How much time do you want? I'll give you 10 mins on the bike, and 5 on the run, but take back 5 for the swim. 10 mins work for you?
Loser buys dinner and beers the night before the next time we race. Deal?

DD - wish I could manage a west coast leg of this year's tour, but it isn't meant to be. We're spending double our tax return on home improvements (ext. paint, all new windows, new garage doors, etc.), so race-related travel (and/or a new bike :-p ) are totally out of the budget, and then some, for '09.

kdw - I recover quickly from adversity. Got all the blisters drained today, I start running again tomorrow. This past weekend being a rare exception, I have generally acquitted myself pretty well at various ST smackdowns over the years. And by putting it out there now, I've gotta get and keep my ass in gear now for the rest of the season.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't swim and I mean litteraly can't swim due to rupture ear drum but I might come for Epicman minus the swim.
Very likely will be back @ Azof. This time I will come prepared!

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deal on the 10 minutes and the terms. I imagine that there is someplace decent for you to buy dinner and beer in NH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to be petulant, but we're 2-0 so far due to DNF's on your part (Harriman 07, Du Nats 09). Do we need to order you a lawn chair and a blankie given that I will be at AmZ ?
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [dawhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear GOD - you are my Kryptonite!!! It all makes sense now!!! I've only taken 2 multisport DNF's ever, and you were there both times.
Curses!!! ;-)

I'll take my chances at AmZof. I have an even more powerful streak happening there, I am 3-0 at Winning Tetsuoni's Money, and counting.

Besides, it'll be kinda like the Three Bears:
the first one was too cold, the second one was too hot, but the last one was juuuuust right. : )

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Apr 28, 09 18:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is the one with the Z in it that I don't know how to pronounce the one I'm supposed to come to?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Lavery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The prologue for stage 2 of smackdown tour is the Whiteface climb that you don't see listed, but it is embedded in the Epicman stupidity. Hope that Lavery shows up to break the ST record...if not, there is a Whiteface climb at Irontour 2 weeks later.

I did not realize that Harriman is part of the ML smackdown 2009 Tour.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not too late to add Harriman to your Smackdown itinerary. You have your choice of homestays at Chez ML or Casa Tetsuoni (I'm much closer, only 20 mins away).

I'll think about the Whiteface prologue some more... I still want to at least theoretically 'save' something for the sprint the day after Epicman.

That'd be a helluva an epic 2.5 day schedule:
Thurs PM - Whiteface TT
Fri all day - Epicman Lite (I guess cut the run short?)
Sat AM - Pawling sprint tri

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best way to be a stud at your sprint tri is to do the Epicman Prologue Hill Climb and skip the final 9 miles of the Epicman run :-).

Turns out that Harriman is a weekend before the ING Ottawa Half Ironman. Question about Harriman...is the run on pavement or entirely on trail? I am just 9 weeks out from a broken ankle and just getting full stability back (not to mention that I have not run more than 70 min in 5 months). I really should save that first half Ironman effort to Tupper as tempting as it is to push a recovering joint for an ML smackdown event.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not going to be in attendance to make the hill climb this year. I live too far away now to make a weekend trip to LP.

My 50:44 from last year didn't crack the ST record?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
harriman run was all on pavement last year. Stoopid hilly.

Elevation Gain: 2720 ft
Elevation Loss: 2727 ft
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm seriously considering American Zofingen, though my goal would be merely to complete it. Forget racing you guys.

The 15 mile hilly trail run at the end might just prove my undoing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DD - wish I could manage a west coast leg of this year's tour, but it isn't meant to be. We're spending double our tax return on home improvements (ext. paint, all new windows, new garage doors, etc.), so race-related travel (and/or a new bike :-p ) are totally out of the budget, and then some, for '09.
Quote:

Who runs that household? Not you from what I'm reading. Would you please ask your boss if you can come out n play in 2010 out west somewhere? Tell her I'll buy all the beer so it will be an inexpensive trip.

AMZ might be fun, if you're 0-2 against Dawhead and always DNF when he is there, maybe I should show up so you can have the table run on you. Thats a lot of 0's though when you start adding them up.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Lavery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50.44 is the ST Whiteface record and it belongs to you.

There is no one on this thread that has enough power, or if they do, they are sporting too much Molson Muscle (Tetsuoni) to give that a good go. Triyoda has the right build, but not enough power. We'd need to have Rappstar do a celebrity appearance. Or what about cdw from the ranks of the real world of posers? OK, better go and squeek a run cause posting ain't going to help in any smackdown. Ride some hills before dinner today.
Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot imagine a universe, this one or any alternative one, where you could possibly beat me at AmZof.
You can bring Dawhead (aka Kryptonite), a voodoo doll, goat entrails, whatever.
Won't matter. For whatever reason, I've always done well there.

Maybe I'll come do the Desert Du next year? Or is there some other event you'd recommend that is ML-friendly?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Desert Du is a good race. It's in February though.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Murphy's Law's East Coast Long-Course Smackdown Tour - 2009 [Jamison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"though my goal would be merely to complete it."

A wise course of action.

I was just softening ML up last year so I can come in for the kill in 09.

Or maybe that was just my own legs softening up on the 15 miles of trails...I forget. Everything after T2 was in a pain-induced haze... ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next