Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Muncie Road Conditions
Quote | Reply
Racing Muncie July 9th, trying to get an idea of road conditions on the course. Previous racers have any insight?
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [bariiings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the route is super smooth and quite flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See post#3 from Tom Z.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ring=muncie#p5708530

New pavement :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bariiings wrote:
Racing Muncie July 9th, trying to get an idea of road conditions on the course. Previous racers have any insight?

I grew up in muncie and raced the course. It is a closed course on SR 35 most of the way, and like said above, a lot of that has been repaved. Usually a very smooth and fast course, enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [str8himalaya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
95% of the roads are in amazing shape, most of that being brand new pavement. The first and last mile are still rough. We are looking forward to a great race in Muncie in just under two weeks! Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bariiings wrote:

Odds that they are in better shape than Racine? About 100% ;)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
95% of the roads are in amazing shape, most of that being brand new pavement. The first and last mile are still rough. We are looking forward to a great race in Muncie in just under two weeks! Brian

Brian, nice to see you running the show, makes me proud to have grown up there with that race. Hope all goes well up there, unfortunately I won't be racing up there this year since the move to Tampa, next year maybe I'll take some vacation and come back home. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [str8himalaya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! They keep trying to take Muncie away from me, but Ill keep fighting and try not to let that happen anytime soon! I haven't lived in Muncie for the last ten years, but its still home! My parents deliver ice all morning for the run course, my brother is the run course guy, my sister in law hosts the staff party... Something about the good ol midwest races!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all your guys help. I'll be able to set up my wheels now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just moved to SW MI last year, so this is a 2nd "local" race for me. Racing it for my 1st time and looking forward to the fast bike course. New bike in the stable, so hoping for a bike split PR too.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Muncie's going to have a big year. I wonder if the 2017 Chattanooga carrot is drawing a lot more entries?
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Muncie's numbers have been going up each year for the last five, but I agree with the 2017 Worlds comment, i do think that is drawing a few extra being one of the first events with slots for that race. I have some cool things planned for both races! The World Champs course in Chatt is going to be awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I remembering correctly that Muncie has only had 30 slots in past years? Looks like this year you've bumped it to 50, nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie Road Conditions [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
Am I remembering correctly that Muncie has only had 30 slots in past years? Looks like this year you've bumped it to 50, nice.

Between favorable temps, road conditions, and all those slots, Muncie is prob going to be really fast this year.
Quote Reply