Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Moving On
Quote | Reply
Today was my last day with Trek, and that means my product support role here ends as well.

Wow, what a ride.

I was a part of the ST community before working at Trek, and didn’t have much of an official role here on their behalf until the first Speed Concept hit the streets in 2010. Credit to Trek for recognizing the value in what I might be able to do in this space…but I’m not sure anyone expected it to become what it did…least of all me.

The growth I’ve experienced, personally and professionally, as a result of being with Trek and being here, is simply amazing. For the part all of you have played, challenging me to up my game and stay engaged - even when the questions and answers were uncomfortable – I thank you.

Customer service continues to be available via your Trek dealers and/or distributors, and directly via the customer contact forms, phone #s and live chat (the latter not in all markets yet) at these links:

International

US

Some hard working and knowledgeable troops there.

As you might guess from the tone so far, my exit is on good terms. I prefer to keep it that way, so please understand there are questions I won’t answer. It’s nothing personal :-)

About four years ago I was invited to speak to a leadership conference held by a national organization dedicated to the support of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The topic was Innovation, and I tried my best to bridge our very different worlds using some examples from my years at Trek.

The executive director of the institute caught up to me a week later and handed me a note – written on the proverbial napkin. Something I’d said struck a chord with an attendee, and he wanted to make sure I knew. I give it to all of you, now, in the same spirit.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Moving On [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck in your next adventure! Appreciate everything you've done here!

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I wish you all the best in your future endeavors! While I don't own a trek, your reputation for customer support precedes you. You've modeled something that I believe bike manufacturers would be fools not to emulate. Cheers Carl!!

Salton Sea Triathlon Club
“I swim to get to the bike. I run because nobody gives a shit about aquabike.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Say it isn't so Carl. Good luck to you though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Luck in your next gig Carl. Your contribution has been invaluable.

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank u for all your help and goodluck!!

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck in your next adventure Carl! Your help has been invaluable to Trek owners.

Hopefully you'll stick around ST as a sports consumer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow...I guess I'm lucky I toured Trek when I did in March so you could "supplement" the tour! ;-)

Good luck in your next endeavors/adventures!!

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear Carl, but I'm sure you've got bigger and even more rewarding days ahead! I've loved the times we've been able to get together, and if you have time for a beer one of these days I'd love to treat you.
You've been invaluable to many here and I'm sure your contributions to SC owners has truly helped them. That said, the ST community always loves your input on any matters....stay around!
Best to you and hope to see you soon.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll be missed Carl! You certainly helped me a lot with my Speed Concept and played a huge role in me recommending the bike to other people. Happy trails to you and I wish you the best in your next venture!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your new employer is extremely lucky to have you.

I first ran into you at Wheel&Sprocket in Brookfield in 2010. You gave a ToC-style SC launch presentation and I was blown away by your attention to detail.

Thanks for all you did for this community and for ALWAYS answering questions with great clarity and passion. You saved my ass in Feb getting a part in time for me to race in Wanaka. Thank you.

All the best

Jason

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you'll get a lot of these, but - Thanks for everything! I personally know several STers you've helped, both specific to Trek and outside the Trek realm. Best of luck on your future endeavors - will you be at liberty to share details in the near-term?
Last edited by: davews09: May 9, 17 20:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all your help Carl, you were part of the reason I was so happy owning my speed concept. Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Moving On [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl

You have been an amazing resource for all of us. You defined how a brand can engage with the community. Trek was smart to encourage you. I hope you have trained a successor. Please let us know your next adventure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, a couple years back when nobody could help me, you did. Thanks for your indepth knowledge on the SC. Good luck in your next role!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best wishes for the next phase!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Carl, good luck. You will be missed.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks from spain for all you did for us here Carl, Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
My best to you and thank you for your support! You've been an invaluable part of my SC ownership.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with whatever you're going off to to do now.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully we will still bump into you at local events. You will be missed here on ST for sure, with all the technical info you have given in support of the SC we are all better owners.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all your help. You've been instrumental in my decision to get an SC. Appreciate all the quick and thorough replies.

Good luck! Look forward to hear about your "next play" (what they say at my company).
Quote Reply
Re: Moving On [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttx_tri wrote:
You will be missed here on ST for sure.

whoa! i won't assume carl is gone from slowtwitch until he hasn't posted in a long time. just because he's gone from there doesn't mean he's gone from here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best wishes on your next endeavor !

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks once again for your help both for everyone on the board and the recent conversations we've had.

Hope to see you chiming in on stuff. You're one of a handful of posters who when I saw they posted something I read it.

Best wishes and I hope your new stomping grounds knows how fortunate they are to have you on board.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next