Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mounting/dismounting Softrides
Quote | Reply
I am closing in on a TT7 Rocket purchase (well, still considering TitanFlex, but don't want to debate the two in this thread) and was wondering if anyone encountered problems getting on and off the bike? I primarily do OD events, if that matters.
Quote Reply
Re: Mounting/dismounting Softrides [JAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Theoretically, your seat is at the same height/relative location as on any other bike. Unless you mount/dismount by swinging your leg in front of you, it's no different.

Or, if you're at the small end of the size range and there's a lot of beam sticking out behind your saddle, I guess that's a bit of an issue. That's my situation, but I attribute my mount/dismount problems more to clumsiness than that extra 6 inches of beam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never been an issue. Ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that much of an issue. Beam loading/deflection on my Rocket was about an inch, on my TF it's about 1/4 inch. FWIW I weigh about 160.
Quote Reply
Re: Mounting/dismounting Softrides [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have ridden SF once. And, I do swing my leg to the front, not over the rear seat, where I generally have my water bottles sticking up. This is the single largest reason I am looking at the TF now.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's definately noticable, with the beam unweighted the seat is a bit higher than it would be otherwise. Doesn't seem like that extra 1-1.5" would be a big deal, but throw large bottles in a behind the seat holder and you have to do a pretty high leg lift to go over the back of the seat. As others have mentioned, the option is to mount in front of the seat, which due to the shape of the beam, lack of seatpost & deflection still requires kind of an awkward little leg lift to get onboard.

Is it a big deal? - not really. You get used to it
Quote Reply
Re: Mounting/dismounting Softrides [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's never been a problem with me. On the TT7/TT or FasTT if the beam is too long in the rear you can cut it. I had my bike mechanic cut some length off of mine and it was fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just the opposite. I love my Softride for the flying mounts! ;) And I always do a rolling dismount. Usually swing a leg around the back but once I swung it around the front. No problems either way.
Quote Reply
Re: Mounting/dismounting Softrides [Tax Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good point, I cut a few inches off my beam. I think it looks better not to have a bunch sticking out anyway. Leaves more room for attaching tires, toolbag, etc. anyway.
Quote Reply