Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open!
Quote | Reply
Hey guys! As a local in Greenville, SC, I wanted to share that our event is open for registration!

http://www.setupevents.com/...ail&eventID=2931

I am not affiliated with the event. I'm just a local athlete that wants to see it continue to be successful. Last year was an absolute blast and I expect this year to be even better! Check out the details below and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions about the race or the Greenville area!

"Mountains to Main Street is back for year number 2, and it will be awesome! Swim in the ultra-pure waters of Lake Keowee in Seneca, SC, bike along the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and run a net downhill run along the GHS Swamp Rabbit Trail with a finish line overlooking the Reedy River and Reedy Falls in award-winning downtown Greenville, SC. Sounds like a dream doesn't it? Well, year number one saw that dream come true and you can experience it again on Sunday May 21, 2017 as the Half Iron Distance returns to Downtown Greenville. We can't wait to show you everything the Upstate has to offer!

A Half Marathon event will also accompany the triathlon and will be a point to point affair from Travelers Rest into downtown utilizing the same run course as the triathlon. Learn more about the Half Marathon HERE."

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [T.Skelton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A year ago when they introduced the race, they said they would do a half in 2016 and half/full in 2017. I was looking forward to a spring full. guess they had problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not problems. I've had some conversations with them. I think the goal is to get a good half established and then hopefully add on a full.

I believe they changed the bike route a little this year to avoid hwy 11. They are trying to make it challenging but still safe and successful.

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [T.Skelton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T.Skelton wrote:
Not problems. I've had some conversations with them. I think the goal is to get a good half established and then hopefully add on a full.

I believe they changed the bike route a little this year to avoid hwy 11. They are trying to make it challenging but still safe and successful.

How are the race day logistics? I remember reading last year and it seemed especially confusing if you travel to events alone.
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They actually make it as simple as it can be given the race

Drop bike at T1 day prior, drop T2 bag day prior or early morning of

Park at finish

Shuttle to start

Race

Post race go pick up bike from T2
Grab beer at T2 from swamp rabbit brewery because, well, beer.

It's a little confusing at first but it's not that bad to be able to have the race finish in the heart of downtown Greenville and net downhill run

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can attest that this has to be one of the nicest areas to race in the Southeast.

My parents have a house on Lake Keowee that basically overlooks the swim start area. It's a beautiful lake to swim in. I heard the bike last year was pretty tough, as they had folks head North on Hwy 11 - nothing flat about that road. Feedback on the run was that the run through Greenville was really great (flat, and fairly fast, although a little warm last year).

Greenville is a cool city, vibrant downtown with tons of live music, food choice, local beer, etc.

I hope to do this race in 2018...Good luck to the folks at Set Up next year,
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [Raw Oyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they are planning a 5 or 10 year commitment. I'm sure it will be here in 2018!

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news - not bad when I can swim to the race start! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [Raw Oyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Google pics of the lake look amazing, lucky you and your parents!!

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T.Skelton wrote:

Interestingly, http://www.mountainstomainstreet.org/ mentions "April 29, 2017 - M2M Half and Full Swim Course Preview"

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [jmkizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmkizer wrote:
T.Skelton wrote:

Interestingly, http://www.mountainstomainstreet.org/ mentions "April 29, 2017 - M2M Half and Full Swim Course Preview"

That's The"Bear Crawl"

It's just a half this year but the intent is to have a full. It's a great opportunity to preview the course.

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exciting. This was my first half-iron distance race, and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it. I have to recommend one oddball aspect, and that is the shuttle from Greenville to the start. I was very reluctant at first; wanted to have my car at the start just in case. With wife's and kids' commitments, I had no choice. As it turns out, that was probably the most relaxing 1 hour bus ride I have ever had. It helped me calm down and focus. I will definitely take that route again, assuming I can swing doing the race again.

This will continue to be a great event!
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [moukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll make sure that message gets to the RD. Thank you!

I would agree. It was nice and quiet. Just music and chill

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T.Skelton wrote:

Park at finish

Shuttle to start

Race

It's a little confusing at first but it's not that bad to be able to have the race finish in the heart of downtown Greenville and net downhill run

I'm looking into this one.

So does the run finish end at T2? Just a little different logistically than I'm used to and trying to figure it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [jagerbombster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jagerbombster wrote:
T.Skelton wrote:

Park at finish

Shuttle to start

Race

So does the run finish end at T2? Just a little different logistically than I'm used to and trying to figure it out.

Nope. It actually is a point to point to point. You finish at the finish. Downtown Greenville.

Only downside is having to go back to T2 post race to get your bike. But it's worth it

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T.Skelton wrote:
jagerbombster wrote:
T.Skelton wrote:

Park at finish

Shuttle to start

Race

Nope. It actually is a point to point to point. You finish at the finish. Downtown Greenville.

Only downside is having to go back to T2 post race to get your bike. But it's worth it

Ok, that's what I thought.....just making sure. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there! I was really hoping to get there this year but couldn't make it happen. Love to support new races like this!
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
biglazybum wrote:
I'll be there! I was really hoping to get there this year but couldn't make it happen. Love to support new races like this!

Awesome!!! Where are you coming from?

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raleigh, NC. Hoping to bring others with me but we will see how that goes. The point to point to point race sounds really cool!
Quote Reply
Re: Mountains 2 Mainstreet half distance race registration is open! [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has been dead for a while but the race is this weekend. Anybody else headed to Greenville?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know there were only a few people headed to the race today, but a huge bummer to have the race canceled (weather/flooded bike course supposedly). I can't argue with the decision but I was really looking forward to the race. Planning to give it a shot next year.
Quote Reply