Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moose Fat Bikes
Quote | Reply
Interesting start-up in the fat bike scene and worth checking out here for those looking of a winter option.
Quote Reply
Re: Moose Fat Bikes [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
Interesting start-up in the fat bike scene and worth checking out here for those looking of a winter option.

It's just a rebadged kona. Not to mention, they ripped off the name of an awesome local bike shop in the same area named Phat Moose Cycles - who happen to specialize in fatbikes. Not cool.

Bonesbrigade wrote:
triordie1994 wrote:

It's just a rebadged kona. Not to mention, they ripped off the name of an awesome local bike shop in the same area named Phat Moose Cycles - who happen to specialize in fatbikes. Not cool.

X2..... Phat Moose in Ottawa are awesome and helps out everyone like you couldn't believe.
Quote Reply
Re: Moose Fat Bikes [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I trust you have irrefutable evidence to support the assertion that it is a 'rebadged kona' otherwise you would appear just as culpable as they would if it were not true.

From what I gather, their company is Moose Bicycles and they started out making fixies and have now moved on to fat bikes and they are simply calling it a 'fat' Moose bike with regards to the classification and not the name.

They are a start-up trying to offer consumers value for their product. I am sure they are not trying to rip off a LBS of a similar name since the local bike shop would not be recognizable to the broader market such as myself.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt instead of branding them as some sort of corporate raider ruthlessly rip off and take down a LBS.

I think it would be a nice gesture as well were you to edit or remove your comments and give these independent builders a break and I will do the same.

Thank you and all the best during this festive season.
Last edited by: triordie1994: Dec 17, 14 5:06
Quote Reply
Re: Moose Fat Bikes [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
I trust you have irrefutable evidence to support the assertion that it is a 'rebadged kona' otherwise you would appear just as culpable as they would if it were not true.

From what I gather, their company is Moose Bicycles and they started out making fixies and have now moved on to fat bikes and they are simply calling it a 'fat' Moose bike with regards to the classification and not the name.

They are a start-up trying to offer consumers value for their product. I am sure they are not trying to rip off a LBS of a similar name since the local bike shop would not be recognizable to the broader market such as myself.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt instead of branding them as some sort of corporate raider ruthlessly rip off and take down a LBS.

I think it would be a nice gesture as well were you to edit or remove your comments and give these independent builders a break and I will do the same.

Thank you and all the best during this festive season.

OK, fact in the strictest sense is a tough threshold to meet. No, I don't have the 'facts' that this is a rebranded Kona - this I will concede. However, is appears eerily similar to last years Kona model with a couple of slight component changes - I suppose this could be just a coincidence.

It could also be a non malicious coincidence, that the name they decided to call their fatbike is almost *exactly* the same as a well known local bike shop that specializes in fatbikes. I have no dog in this fight, people can decide on their own based on the information out there.

I think that is a reasonable position to have.

I do applaud them for offering value to a product by taking out the 'middleman' and offering a choice for consumers. Needless to day, I did pledge for a Moose fat bike and am really hoping the succeed;)
Quote Reply