Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mont Tremblant Lodging
Quote | Reply
I have never been there before. Any recommendations on where to stay. For what it is worth, my wife really likes nice places, so I am sure it will cost me plenty, but that is ok.

Thanks,

Neal
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant Lodging [Neal Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neal Dunn wrote:
I have never been there before. Any recommendations on where to stay. For what it is worth, my wife really likes nice places, so I am sure it will cost me plenty, but that is ok.

Thanks,

Neal

http://www.tripadvisor.com/...uebec-Vacations.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the following thread, you will find good info.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

From what you tell us about your wife, stay within the resort. Tons of restaurants, shopping and activities. Accommodation is varied and range from very nice to very luxurious (with rates that go along)

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neal Dunn wrote:

Thanks,

Neal
http://www.tremblant.ca/...abetique/index-e.htm

Quote | Reply
Neal,

Here is a resort map on site, any of the RED area hotels are 3-5 stars
Many of them are suites with full kitchen. 1-3 bedrooms
http://ww1.tremblant.ca/..._map/resort_map.html

Fairmont, Hilton etc... are very nice, all walking distance to everything.

I suggest booking something on site!
Last edited by: sportstats: Jun 13, 11 9:14
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant Lodging [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any opinion about the Marriott?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you been in the La Tour Des Voyageurs? Any reviews?
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant Lodging [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tour des Voyageurs:
I stayed in a 2 bedroom Suite with my family during the holidays, this is 30 yards from the finish line if you get a corner unit.
Very nice 4 stars but right at the finish line, can get noisy.

Many of the hotels/condos are similar (i.e Tour des Voyageurs, Sommet des Neiges etc....

Look at the map, anything in red is walking distance from everything but the Tour des Voyageurs is right beside transition and finish line.

Marriott is nice (small gondola beside finish).

But then again the furthest you can be away in the RED section is a 5 minutes walk...

If you book a hotel without a Pool/Spa some of them give you access to Aquaclub la Source:
See: http://www.tremblant.ca/...aquaclub/index-e.htm

All the hotels have underground parking on site. If you call the Ironman Hot line posted on the Ironman Mont-Tremblant site they will guide you through everything and
answer all your questions. All staff at Mont-Tremblant are billingual!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I have my suite reserved at the Tour des Voyageurs...now I just need to sign up tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I booked for Les Manoirs in Le domaine des Geants last week. Appears to be a 400m walk to transition. I'm hoping the volunteers will stretcher me back to my condo from the med tent.

If I get in tomorrow that is.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope this will help you

http://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Hotels-g182183-Mont_Tremblant_Quebec-Hotels.html

http://plateaunatura.ca/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Fairmont for the IM race in 2013. It was a terrific hotel and should make your wife happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neal Dunn wrote:

Thanks,

Neal
If you'd like a super nice place, go with the Fairmont or the Westin. Anything in the pedestrian village is easy access to transition. If you're bringing a family and want a kitchen, I recommend L'Ermitage du Lac. I stayed there last year, and it worked well for me. Plus, that one is really close to both transition and the swim start... so you can duck back to your hotel room after you drop your stuff at transition and before you head over to the start. Beats waiting in the long port-a-potty lines. I had a ground-floor room with a patio door, so I could wheel my bike directly outside to go for a ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tremblant is nothing but a money sucking greedy sinkhole for your money. Ironman week just makes it even more overpriced. There are reasons this race and others aren't selling out, price of accommodations being a big one.
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant Lodging [GWcanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just rented a 1bdr condo for $750 USD / 5 nights. It's 3mi from the village on the lake. If you want to be in the village you'll pay closer to $400/night. Not worth it in my opinion, it's a 7min drive. There are much cheaper places to stay if you don't mind not being within 30 seconds walk to transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at Chateau Beauvallon - it's about 2.5km from transition area. Not sure about now, but when I booked, it was cheaper than the Days Inn that's not even remotely close to the transition area.

Anything on the slopes will be pricey. I booked the Marriott the weekend before through a group deal and that brought it barely in line with "decent" pricing. Still much more than what I'm paying on race weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  We rent a 2bed/2 bath condo at les manoirs for 200 a night. Very economical when we cook at the condo!, IMMT is way more affordable tha Imlp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
La Quintessence
Probably the nicest place in tremblant. Can accommodate helicopter arrival if that's how you choose to roll
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant Lodging [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
La Quintessence
Probably the nicest place in tremblant. Can accommodate helicopter arrival if that's how you choose to roll

Wow!

Presidential Suite
If you like to pamper yourself with the utmost in elegance and grandeur, our Presidential Suites will more than meet your expectations. Situated on the 3rd floor and with a 180 degrees view overlooking lake Tremblant and the mountain, the 1200 square feet (107 square metres) suite also has a private Jacuzzi on the balcony. In addition to their perfect view and location, the custom-made King size bed, including goose down pillows, mattress covers and duvets make the Suites very comfortable. The layout of these suites enhances convenience with a living room with a sofa and armchairs, a table with chairs, as well as three wood-burning fireplaces ensuring that you are surrounded by warmth wherever you may be. Moreover, you can find a spacious bathroom with heated marble floor, a whirlpool bath (dual claw foot tub) and a separated rain shower. Moreover, you can find another bathroom near the entrance that leads to the balcony. One to three extra twin beds can be added in the suite to accommodate extra guests ($50 + taxes per stay for 13 years old and over), for a maximum occupancy of five people.hide details

Thu Fri Sat Sun
$1,612.00 $1,612.00 $1,612.00 $1,612.00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the June 70.3 I have a 2bed, 2bath at Les Manoirs, walking distance to the pedestrian village and all the IM hype you can handle. Full kitchen, storage locker, etc.

$500 Cdn for three nights (about $420 USD). It's a little more for the August IM but not overly.

Are you a troll or just not educated wrt to MT lodging as compared to other places?

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant Lodging [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chefs table dinner to round out the experience FTW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I just registered for IMMT 2016 and now debating where to stay. I am considering both the Tour des Voyageurs II and Holiday Inn. Both rooms will have a full kitchen. Is one hotel preferred over the other or are they comparable? Any thoughts on Holiday Inn? I know the Voyageurs is right next to the finish line, but Holiday Inn appears to be very close also. I will be traveling with my family, so the free breakfast at Holiday Inn would be a plus for my 3 kids. Anything else I should consider?

A few friends were considering renting a house, but with our families and small kids, i've read that it might be too far/a hassle for them to get to the village if they stay away from the village.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my experience, the pricing at MT is reasonable, compared to Lake Placid or say, Coeur d'Alene. This is a very nice resort and I have just told lots of friends that this is the best venue for an IM, with the exception of Kona, which is special for other reasons. Staying at one of the resort hotels like Fairmont or Westin is perfect. Slightly removed (up the hill) from the IM craziness, but just close enough to be easy. The pedestrian village is great. I wouldn't want to stay off of the resort, since parking can be a pain. Everything is walking distance when at the resort...

David
Quote Reply