Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Modifying Tacx Antares Rollers
Quote | Reply
I've been tinkering
Once again, this morning, while trying to go from sitting up to aero while on the rollers, I came off! :( Not bad, just dropped off the side, which is annoying.
I know, I know, I need to practice more! I'm fine riding on the rollers, but I'm not good enough yet that I can make any big movements.

I need training wheels like a kid :(

This got me thinking

hmmm

I think I need a new place for all the booze though :lol its a bit of a distraction

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Modifying Tacx Antares Rollers [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DIY Free Motion Cycling Rollers - Instructables

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Feb 7, 16 18:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiousity, how many watts can you get on those rollers. I have set of these Performance Rollers and with 28 mm Gatorskins at 70 psi at 140 lbs rider weight at 40 kph, it's around 230-240W depending on how warm the tire is. I use this for mainly easier recovery rides or warmup rides before running in the winter and I want some body heat before going out in minus 15C (well not this year because I am not running, but normal years)

Quote Reply
Re: Modifying Tacx Antares Rollers [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the moment I get around 200W, but you can add a resistance gubbins and I'm sure I read somewhere that you can also add another band (the one that connects the front and back rollers) and this gives more resistance

For me at the moment, the resistance is good enough

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the DIY mod.

re : the booze .... best lighten that load ... the shelf looks a lil bendy :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anth wrote:
At the moment I get around 200W, but you can add a resistance gubbins and I'm sure I read somewhere that you can also add another band (the one that connects the front and back rollers) and this gives more resistance

For me at the moment, the resistance is good enough

One more thought...don't waste time riding aero on rollers. You can, but why bother. Just slide your saddle back one to two inches and then all your weight is on the back wheel but the hip angle sitting up will be almost the same as riding aero. Now just ride upright with hands on basebars. You won't have a problem adapting to aero once outdoors.
Quote Reply
Re: Modifying Tacx Antares Rollers [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good point about not necessarily needing to to ride aero on the rollers, I just wanted a little rest ;)
really, I would prefer to use my road bike on the rollers, but its the TT bike that has the power meter, which I cant swap between bikes

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there!

Just curious do you have the link or any idea on where or what type of band to buy to add the resistance? Hate to admit it but I am really liking the rollers quite a bit and I would love to keep doing the tempo base sessions on them. I live in a major city so I do the majority of my midweek riding inside.

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Modifying Tacx Antares Rollers [McBoyler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just get a bunch of coin magnets and mount them on something (piece of angled metal/whatever) and put them close to the rear roller. How close and how many magnets determines how much more resistance you get - this only works if you've got aluminum drums, though. Doesn't work with plastic.

Also - why'd you put the guide wheel on the rear? My rear tire never falls off, even on a hard sprint effort - the front on the other hand....
Quote Reply
Re: Modifying Tacx Antares Rollers [runwichi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah thanks! I have the Antares though too. They are plastic. But a great thought. I was on a group ride once where a guy had mentioned it a while back you could get different bands. Was just wondering if anyone knew which one and where to get it...
Quote Reply