Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Modified Barry P Question
Quote | Reply
Just want to try something different and throwing this out there to see if anyone else does:

I'm a huge fan of Barry P 1:2:3 , and currently do 4:8:12-14
Just want to mix up it up a bit, and thinking of slightly modifying it to something like 5:7:12-14

Just bringing my 1:2 closer together. Is this something any STer does? Reasoning behind this is really around timing, and being able to keep overall mileage the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Modified Barry P Question [sambadhillon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That should be fine. There is not a need for an exact ratio. The goal is to get people running more often. As on become fitter/has been running longer/has higher mileage week in week out you can deviate further from the ratios with less & less concern

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Modified Barry P Question [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No coach here and only my own experience to rely on. I started barry p ehen I first began consistently running 5+times or week. I was pretty religous about the ratios the first 2 months, and got to about 40mpw with bo hassle. After that the ratios kinda went out the window - but I the consistency. However, one week I would do 6 runs of all 8-12km, one week I'd have 5/5/15/5/15/5 km, and one Id have 7/7/7/20/10/5. I think AS long as you keep it (i) pretty slow, and (ii) dont get carried away with long looong runs (i.e. Dont do 30km long run if your weekly milage is 45...), you should be fine.

The hardest part - imo - is adding intensity and being able to keep up the consistency of everyday running!
Quote Reply