Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time
Quote | Reply
Maybe it’s just ‘speed goggles’ but….

You: Probable triathlete with a swim background. You are tall, have broad shoulders and a shaved body. You swim stroke was amazing. You were swimming about 1:05-1:10/100 pace in the far lane of the pool. Breaking up your swim with lots of drills. You had a HUUB swim cap and speedo style style swim briefs. You have beautiful flip turns.

Me: Adult onset swimmer/triathlete. I walked into the pool area about 11:40. I had a Team Rev3 shimmery swimsuit and a Florabama logo swim cap, I had a brightly colored bag of pool toys. I only used paddles for about 1000 of the 4000 yard set. I started in the lane on the opposite side of the pool for a bit before I asked the lifeguard to rearrange a couple lanes so when my coach arrived we could circle swim in a middle lane (or so I could be closer to you).

My coach showed up wearing Roka Sim cheater shorts and we started circle swimming with me leading the workout. I think you were swimming at least 1:10/100 because we were doing the workout on 1:20/100 pace and you were going a good bit faster than I was. You might have even been swimming 1:05/100. Either way, I’m certain you were just cruising at that pace.

I tried to make eye contact, but my coach told me to stop “eye fucking” you and pay attention to the clock. I tried to tell him if he would lead the workout I could continue checking you out and not have to pay attention to the clock, but he made excuses for why he was slow today…..even though he was wearing cheater shorts.

After about 20 more minutes you got out. This was good because I was able not kill myself for the rest of the swim workout just to impress you. I finished my 4000 yd set and got out. You were long gone from the Y at this time.

I think you were checking me out too. Hit me up if you want to do an open water swim, check out my Vasa trainer, help me break in my altitude tent or give me 'feedback' on my stroke.

whoever you are, thanks for making part of my swim workout more exciting than it normally is.
Quote Reply
Re: Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why oh why can this not happen to me?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely subscribed to this thread. This could be good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GhiaGirl wrote:
Maybe it’s just ‘speed goggles’ but….

You: Probable triathlete with a swim background. You are tall, have broad shoulders and a shaved body. You swim stroke was amazing. You were swimming about 1:05-1:10/100 pace in the far lane of the pool. Breaking up your swim with lots of drills. You had a HUUB swim cap and speedo style style swim briefs. You have beautiful flip turns.

Me: Adult onset swimmer/triathlete. I walked into the pool area about 11:40. I had a Team Rev3 shimmery swimsuit and a Florabama logo swim cap, I had a brightly colored bag of pool toys. I only used paddles for about 1000 of the 4000 yard set. I started in the lane on the opposite side of the pool for a bit before I asked the lifeguard to rearrange a couple lanes so when my coach arrived we could circle swim in a middle lane (or so I could be closer to you).

My coach showed up wearing Roka Sim cheater shorts and we started circle swimming with me leading the workout. I think you were swimming at least 1:10/100 because we were doing the workout on 1:20/100 pace and you were going a good bit faster than I was. You might have even been swimming 1:05/100. Either way, I’m certain you were just cruising at that pace.

I tried to make eye contact, but my coach told me to stop “eye fucking” you and pay attention to the clock. I tried to tell him if he would lead the workout I could continue checking you out and not have to pay attention to the clock, but he made excuses for why he was slow today…..even though he was wearing cheater shorts.

After about 20 more minutes you got out. This was good because I was able not kill myself for the rest of the swim workout just to impress you. I finished my 4000 yd set and got out. You were long gone from the Y at this time.

I think you were checking me out too. Hit me up if you want to do an open water swim, check out my Vasa trainer, help me break in my altitude tent or give me 'feedback' on my stroke.

whoever you are, thanks for making part of my swim workout more exciting than it normally is.

This is priceless!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what time are y'all swimming on Friday? Totally swinging by for a bonus set to try to verify the #speedgoggles status.

Rusch Racing | website | @maggieru | Instagram
Ask me about: Alto Cycling | Cuore | Base Performance | XTERRA Wetsuits | Cadence Run Company | First Bourn. Coached by: Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
Why oh why can this not happen to me?

Just a guess, but because you can't hold a 1:05/100

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll bump this. Hope that guy gets in the altitude tent... I mean sees this thread.

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time [maggieru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're invited. As long as you lead the lane so I don't have to watch the clock...😍😍😍
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anything, all the guys are going to start logging exponentially more yards in the pool.

This thread is good for the sport!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see I told you all ... the North Carolina bathroom law by birth gender affects everyone or this thread could have been epic :)

Quote | Reply
zoom wrote:
see I told you all ... the North Carolina bathroom law by birth gender affects everyone or this thread could have been epic :)

You are such a downer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is great. I hope you find this person. :)

Finally something interesting on ST that isn't a twitchhunt or drama of some sort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has potential to top the T3 thread.

I can hold 1:05's and I'll be glad to lead the lane for you.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Lots of promise here but nothing can surpass the T3 thread. Best thing I've ever read on the internets and following it in real time was priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fast swimmers only know one speed. Us BOPers like to take things slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:
stevej wrote:

Lots of promise here but nothing can surpass the T3 thread. Best thing I've ever read on the internets and following it in real time was priceless.

I just read the T3 thread. Amazing. If the bike crash could have been explored more, then it would have really been something!
Quote Reply
Re: Missed Connection: Asheville downtown YMCA North Pool: Wed 5/23/2106 lunch time [adamsimonsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is this T3 thread you speak of!? I could not locate it using the search function....