Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mike Pigg's Triathlon Training Plan
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used this software? Ever hear of it? Here is a link... http://www.pccoach.com/...ftware/plan_pigg.htm

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Pigg's Triathlon Training Plan [Jack in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I have not used PIgg's plan but I have used Ultracoach for several years. To be honest all I use it for is to monitor my equipment usage, (shoe mileage, tires, etc.) I was very dissapointed in the "coach" part. So like a fool, last June they offered and update program for a fair price so I bought it. As soon as I clicked on the "caoch" it said " to come in the future" Now the web site (www.fitcentric.com) says it will be available by the end of the year. That is not far away. Don't waste you money in my book on Ultracoach. Any one else tried this one?

Aloha,

Larry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used it for a few years. Mostly for Ironman distance training and don't have much good to say about it. There are four levels for effort and I set it to difficult (#3). The longest bike ride was 15 minute warm-up, 3:35 ride, and 15 minute cool-down. Even at 20mph thats only 80 miles. Not wonder I was wasted by the end of the ride. There are few brick workouts and the sonic link can be troublesome. It makes a great training log though!
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Pigg's Triathlon Training Plan [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Human Kinetics has it (Triathlon Bundle) on sale for $35.

I was planning to get it, and then I thought "I should search the internet for some reviews". I only saw a few, but all of the reviews (not on a sight that sold them) were poor.

I'm just using a free log I got off the net.

I haven't heard anyone say anything good about the coach part even though they advertise "as good as having your own personal coach".

You can search this site for some other comment's on Piggs PC Coach

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have a new version of pc coach (4.0) the main progam that the pigg training program uses coming out on Dec 17 with updated interfaces & hr graphing capabilities.

Barb
Quote Reply