Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mike Hall killed in Indian Pacific Wheel Race
Quote | Reply
For those following the Indian Pacific Wheel Race comes the devastating news that Mike Hill has been killed in a collision with a car just outside of the ACT.

https://cyclingtips.com/...-cyclist-dies-crash/

I saw an IPWR rider heading down LaTrobe Street this morning, and felt a surge of joy. I'm devastated, and having lost a family member in an accident know just how hard this will be for those who care about him.

EDIT:

No official word has been given - police will be waiting until they have contacted next of kin. But there was only one person in the location of the fatality, and that was Mike unfortunately.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Last edited by: Slowman: Mar 31, 17 4:18
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Hill killed in Indian Pacific Wheel Race \ [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been follow Mike's racing for many years- Tour Divide, Trans Am, World Cycle race, Trans Continential, etc and have been following the IPWR closely the last two weeks.

Gutted and speechless now.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Hill killed in Indian Pacific Wheel Race \ [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So so bloody sad. Completely speechless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I just watched him in the documentary on netflix, Inspired to Ride. So sad!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They just cancelled the race.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IPWR now cancelled, effective immediately. Sad day.
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Hill killed in Indian Pacific Wheel Race \ [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never followed such a long event so closely especially after the back and forth between KA and Mike Hall in the last couple of days.

In all the videos he such an enthusiastic rider.

Feel for his family, the other competitors and the organisers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woke up with this news this morning. Seriously gutted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please could someone please change the thread title to spell Mikes name properly.

RIP Mike Hall
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Hall killed in Indian Pacific Wheel Race [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I woke up and excitedly flipped through Instagram feed for my dose of IPWR news with my breakfast. Then I saw the press release...my first reaction was: "is it already April 1 in Australia and this is a terrible joke?" - until I got to the "tragedy" part. Fucking terrible. May he rest in peace and pray for his family during such a difficult time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tragic event which has taken the wind from my sails all weekend, even though I've never met any of the racers. IPWR had become a daily talking point amongst many of my friends and colleagues. Really feel for Mikes family, friends and all the guys who worked to put IPWR on.

Dan - Mike Hall was a major figure in endurance bike racing, perhaps worth considering an ST obituary?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the power to overcome with engagement this sad boundaries we are caught in .. the race organisers are currently considering the best approach to honour both Mike’s memory and his wishes for the race .. http://www.transcontinental.cc

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Hill killed in Indian Pacific Wheel Race \ [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
My wife and I just watched him in the documentary on netflix, Inspired to Ride. So sad!!

Same here. Great movie. Was really saddened to hear this - he seemed like a genuinely good dude. Yet another time that reminds me that when my wife says "be safe" every time I go out to ride, she says it from the heart. Unfortunately a big part of that equation is outside of my (or any other rider's) control. Not ready to go full Zwift but man it's scary out there sometimes.
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Hall killed in Indian Pacific Wheel Race [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who feel to be a part of this .. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Mikehall

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply