Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Michelin Power Comp
Quote | Reply
Anyone have much experience with them yet? Particularly interested in how they measure out on wider rims (true to size, expand a bit like Contis?) Issues with cuts, particularly side walls?

Radial Cycling has them for $33.00 and I'm looking to improve on my Conti 4000s (road races and crits).

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelin Power Comp [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they are really good, a big step up for Michelin. I'm surprised they haven't gotten more attention.

I test all the top new tires, so when they came out last summer I bought two. I got over 2500 miles out of the first one on the rear, which is way more than usual for me, with no flats. This includes some dirt and gravel riding. I have 1100 on the second one and again no flats. I actually raced a road race that has a gravel section on that tire last weekend, because I was confident that the tire would be fast and would not flat. (Believe it or not some racers use gatorskins in this race even though it's a road race.) I won, so :-).

I just measured that tire with calipers. It measured out to 28.5mm on a HED Belgium rim (wide rim). For comparison, I measured the Vittoria 25mm on the front tire (same rim) and it measured 28mm. The tire has 1100 miles on it and has been inflated for maybe 4 months (?) so it's possible it has expanded a bit since it was new.

I have noticed no difference in rolling resistance, but have not done any scientific tests. My hill intervals get me to the same place on the same wattage as on the Vittoria's.

Bottom line: I love the way Vittoria's ride and will probably stick with them, but it's probably all in my head and not for any good rational reason. The Michelin's definitely wear better and are more flat proof. I would totally trust them over the Vittoria's (as evidenced by what I chose to ride last weekend).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the magazine's had them down as the fastest clincher they have tested. Not sure how valid their testing was but they seem a decent tyre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some of us noticed. i have a bunch of them on the way. power comps, power endurance, for testing of our own.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Michelin Power Comp [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the great details. Answered all my questions.

Looks like a good one!

And congrats on the win.
Quote Reply