Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run?
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [acefields23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, we've got this on the front page. we're trying to contact her now, if we're successful obviously we'll let you know. ironic considering her own injuries in an accident during eagleman 70.3 leaving her with not dissimilar injuries. i reread our interview with her after that accident, and it's eerie reading her answers to us about the accident considering this all happened after the occurance between her and the man she allegedly hit.

i found it notable that this happened on the 27th of march, she raced melbourne on the 23rd of march, an uncharacteristically bad race for her, really a death march, 12th place, which must've taken a lot out of her. those kinds of races are more taxing than the ones you win. so, back on a plane on the 24th? i wonder at her condition, state of mind, mental acuity, after that kind of schedule. not forgiving a hit and run. just, still, what kind of schedule do you keep when your travel is that tight.

she pled not guilty, so, obviously i don't want to jump to any conclusions.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Aug 21, 13 21:09
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The news report and the video, doesn't make it look all that good for her.

Witness/Video oh dear....

She is lucky she didn't kill him or she would be off to Jail one would think.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This looks really really bad for her, and i'm guessing "ROKA" and "Cannondale" are not too happy to see their products in this type of video.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This really doesn't look good for her. I met Meredith at St. George 70.3 and thought she was a class act. If the allegations are true then this is horribly disappointing.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the bright side, she wasn't in Abu Dhabi....

Curious to see how this plays out. I've heard nothing but great things about Meredith. Bizarre story.

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [kevintaddonio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bizarre story for sure. You just find it hard to believe something like this could happen, but we know with all the training and traveling sometimes it can take so much out of you that it can effect the way you think. I would venture to guess with the racing and traveling she had been doing around that time she was not 100% alert. Unfortunately this doesn't look good and will interesting to see how it all plays out. Meredith is a class act and sad to see this kind of bad news.

Quote | Reply
If what's being alleged is true, there's no class act about it. None.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a huge Kessler fan, this is shocking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why did it take them close to 5 months to press charges?

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [swimmer04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised at the comments about her "mental state". Does training and travel make it hard to differentiate between right and wrong? However, it is curious that supposedly she stayed at the scene for a couple minutes and when she went back to her car to leave nobody stopped her? Looks like a pretty busy area from the video unless this happened really late or really early. You would think that if someone saw her car hit this guy they would have been all over her if she tried to leave. Not saying she did or did not do it...just some interesting "facts".
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [swimmer04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimmer04 wrote:
A bizarre story for sure.

It'll be interesting to see what the video reveals. Both sides of the story definitely make for a bizarre scenario. Knowing how "sue-happy" people are in California this could have just been a minor accident even if she did hit the guy. I don't see how an SUV could accelerate fast enough making a right hand turn at that intersection to not be noticeable to some extent. If you have a direct hit by an SUV chances are you're going to have a few broken bones.
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [davecochrane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [oceanlife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oceanlife wrote:
swimmer04 wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what the video reveals. Both sides of the story definitely make for a bizarre scenario. Knowing how "sue-happy" people are in California this could have just been a minor accident even if she did hit the guy. I don't see how an SUV could accelerate fast enough making a right hand turn at that intersection to not be noticeable to some extent. If you have a direct hit by an SUV chances are you're going to have a few broken bones.

No one is suing anyone (yet). She is being charged by the DA with a felony. She will be sued after the criminal trial by this dude regardless of the outcome (guilty/innocent) for his injuries sustained.
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If" what is alleged is true. Any race director with an ounce of guts would use the "RD reserves the right to not accept any entry" clause.

Don't have to imagine the reaction here if the roles were reversed.
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [Bigringonly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we can all agree that the movie title will be Meredith Kessler: Swim, Bike, Hit, and Run.

Too soon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lost sense of taste and smell, depressed, and low energy...hmmmm

How convenient that the injuries are difficult to prove...and furthermore, who's to say they weren't pre existing conditions...

sounds fishy to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As always, innocent until proven guilty, but it really doesn't look good.

What's the worst case scenario for her if convicted?

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
I think we can all agree that the movie title will be Meredith Kessler: Swim, Bike, Hit, and Run.

Too soon?

Never to early for a "bazinga"!
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope training schedules aren't being thrown around as an excuse. Construction workers and other labor intensive workers don't get an excuse.

However, there are always different ways of looking at the story. Without seeing the video, is it possible the guy has a stroke and walked into the SUV? Are there other circumstances not revealed yet.

Regardless of class act, if she hit him and it was her fault, then she deserves to be villified. But we definitely need to reserve judgement until more facts surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
oceanlife wrote:
swimmer04 wrote:

No one is suing anyone (yet). She is being charged by the DA with a felony. She will be sued after the criminal trial by this dude regardless of the outcome (guilty/innocent) for his injuries sustained.

Yes. But did the guy put pressure on the DA to place charges? Why is it coming up now after such a long period of time? I know how backed up the courts in LA are, but let's be honest here.
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [oceanlife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the DA didn't think he/she could win the case then charges would not have been brought up. They aren't in the business of losing cases. I am not that versed in law but with felony charges, I am sure a grand jury was used as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see what the facts will bring. His injuries do sould a little sketchy. But you could simply trip and fall over and hit you head on the ground and suffer pretty sevre injuries. I'm not a neurosurgeon, but I agree that they sound difficult to prove.

We have all been in a hurry and running late... but this a good example of when you should consider, as a professional of any kind, usign a limo service or airport shuttle rather than driving yourself. Once you factor in parking and convenience, it's not that expensive.

Similarly, as a pedestrian, having the right of way is great and all, but you really need to anticipate what other cars are doing. You could easily be obscured from view, plus a car turning right is focusing to their left and might only glance to the right once before turning. I've nearly hit a pedestrian doing the same thing. They weren't "there" I looked to the left and started ot go when traffic cleared and look forward and there they are right in fornt of my car. When jogging or walking I'm assuming they can;t see me and will pull out any moment unless I make clear eye contact or they wave me through. Most of the time I run behiund their car.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other implication is what this is going to do to her race schedule. Though the article didn't mention it, I'm guessing she had to post some sort of bond to avoid being held in jail. Along with that, I'd be VERY surprised if they allowed her to leave the state. Sometimes people can get special exceptions to continue their livelihood, but she may not be showing up at any more races this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Meredith Kessler Hit-and-Run? [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
If the DA didn't think he/she could win the case then charges would not have been brought up. They aren't in the business of losing cases. I am not that versed in law but with felony charges, I am sure a grand jury was used as well.

while true a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich. I was on one last year and since it is only majority EVERYONE was indicted.
Quote Reply

Prev Next