Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Meb was wearing Sketchers
Quote | Reply
I didn't know they made shoes for serious runners. Does anyone here wear them?

http://www.businessweek.com/...wins-boston-marathon

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's it like living under there?

Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [MeltingPot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first thought was that they must have been rebranded something else. What are their shoes like?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think about how much faster he'd be if he was wearing Adidas boost shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I didn't know they made shoes for serious runners. Does anyone here wear them?

http://www.businessweek.com/...wins-boston-marathon

Haven't heard of sketchers, but Meb was wearing SKECHERS ;). I predict Newton shoes will slowly disappear with the emergence of Skechers for those that are looking for shoes to make them fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go and read the reviews, they are pretty compelling. I'm strongly considering the go run ride 3 as my nex shoe.

The naming is not the best and they run on the side of non support throughout the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to check and make sure I wasn't mistakenly in the womens forum. I watched a good chunk of the race and didn't notice a single athlete's shoes.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick_Barkley wrote:
Think about how much faster he'd be if he was wearing Adidas boost shoes.

Didn't help Chebet much ;)

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome! Haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
shoes a shoe. Long as it isn't too heavy or cause your particular foot problems.

THIS.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just started wearing the Go Run Ride 2- soft shoe and nice fit. The regular Go Runs seem to have a smaller toe box and I did not like the fit as well. Have put in 3-4 good runs totaling 50 miles or so on them and no issues for me. Kinda remind me of my Hoka Bondis, maybe a bit softer- but I like them and I run in everything from Nike to Hoka to Altra- the Sketchers are in my regular rotation. Plus $45 for a pair at the local Outlet Mall- makes them more compelling for me.

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ur I have worn the goruns but just for racing. Nice and light and lots of give on the sides for my wide duck feet. That said I have been battling Achilles problems now for 6-7 months. But actually blame that on Asic's 2000. Since I trained on them but raced in the Sketchers. That said one of them screwed up my achilles.
Couldn't have been me ;0)

Quote | Reply
I wonder if Nike regrets dropping Meb yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I've been living under there too, because I didn't know. I saw him at the finish line in Skechers branded clothing and thought to myself, "I'm sure he didn't run in Skechers". I think a couple of co-workers and I were even joking about that... Whatever...the lack of noise under the rock is kind of nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair. Super light, tons of cushion. Toe box is roomy. Quality is excellent. But, they are meant to run in. The heel is sort of cut off so they force you to land correctly (kind of like Neutons). Hard to walk in and even harder to bar hop in.

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" MLK
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I wonder if Nike regrets dropping Meb yet?"

meb's in skechers, leo's in hokas. both were nike athletes. tech running used to be nike, asics, new balance. not any more.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
jackmott wrote:
shoes a shoe. Long as it isn't too heavy or cause your particular foot problems.

THIS.

+1

Guys were running 2:08s in the '80s in shoes like this:

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [mxblues98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried the Go Run Ride for a few runs, and felt the heel was too soft and loose for me. But, they became my go to shoes for casual walking and trips to the park with the kids or dog. Super comfy, like padded outdoor slippers. Not sure if I'm a giant walking fashion faux pas, but I'm way past caring about these things.
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"I wonder if Nike regrets dropping Meb yet?"

meb's in skechers, leo's in hokas. both were nike athletes. tech running used to be nike, asics, new balance. not any more.

Well Adidas has been up there for a while too. What I find equally as interesting is that I believe Kara Goucher's main sponsor is the clothing brand Oiselle.

Hoka One One - Field Service Rep
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
jackmott wrote:

THIS.

+1

Guys were running 2:08s in the '80s in shoes like this:

Nike American Eagle ~ circa 1982. Made for Alberto Salazar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NIKE's fucked themselves as far as Running goes

http://fittish.deadspin.com/...ad-for-th-1564692266

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, have to disagree. It's similar to a wetsuit. Some will fit you better than others and some will provide certain functions better than others.

I bought a pair of gorun 2's. It will work really well for certain runners. For me, not so much. The heel is relatively wide and fits a bit loose on me, regardless of how tight I make the upper laces. Also the forefront had a weird firmness too it on the inside step. When I plant my foot, my outside forefront edge hits first and rolls in to the middle of my midfoot. As this transition happens, the gorun 2 has a weird firm transition. I could probably get use to it or it could possibly cause injury as I try to compensate to relieve the odd feeling.

So I disagree, I don't think a shoe is just a shoe. We now have a lot of choices in the footwear industry, so we can now find a shoe that better suits our intended goal and fit.

I'd love to see meb in a hoka one one!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Meb was wearing Sketchers [ZackP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Well Adidas has been up there for a while too."

really? i don't see that. i haven't seen that for awhile. at least in the U.S., in running. they have of course been sponsors, and they've been around in track. but when it comes to the shoes people actually buy and run in, you see the occasional hit, like the boost, but i can't imagine a time over the past 30 years when adidas, in the U.S., has been a force in road running shoes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next