Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Mayor of city attacks cyclists
Quote | Reply
This was from someone I knew of that lived near my area, absolutely outrageous!

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/bicyclist-claims-sunset-hills-mayor-swerved-car-into-him-mayor/article_81ac765b-e12c-5990-abe6-afa62e3f51c9.html

VIDEO: http://fox2now.com/...-cyclist-hit-by-car/

"This is going to be a long post.... Sorry

I will give a brief description of events,
Coming down old Gravois road (big hill) a red Mercedes convert alb with the top down comes up next to me screaming get off my roads, get off my roads. After what seemed like ten seconds of this he whips his car to the right hitting me on the left side of my body knocking the bike out from under me. My left arm hooked the back of the passenger door and he gunned it flinging me off onto the road. This all happened around 20mph. After I got up the car behind him that thankfully did not run me over asked if I was ok, I said would you please chase him and get his plate number. What I didn't know was a truck coming the other direction saw the entire thing and did a u-turn and chased him down. I will skip the other details for now. Long story short that did a vehicle accident report and let him go???? WTF!!!!
I went up to the police station with my attorney after thinking about what just happened. Something just didn't seem right. Five cop cars.... No information for me and they let him go.
I will preface the next part by saying that the Sunset Hills police promise to do everything by the book.

PLEASE READ this part.
THE MAYOR of Sunset hills told me to get off HIS roads then ran me over. The friggen mayor!
His name is Mark E. Furrer
Please feel free to pass this around or to call Sunset Hills to state your feelings "

https://www.facebook.com/electfurrer

Ironically, there is also a race in that city called "sunset hills triathlon"

Some more updated news of the event in chronologic order:
- The Mayor of Sunset Hills, MO intentionally ran a cyclist off the road, after telling him to "get off HIS roads".
- The Mayor left the cyclist for dead, and fled the scene.
- A witness chased the Mayor down and made him come back.
- 911 Operator tells the victim not speak to the driver or confront him in any way.
- FIVE Police cars respond, do not give the victim ANY information on the name of the driver.
- The Mayor is allowed to leave the scene without as much as a traffic ticket.
- The Mayor is not given a DUI test, although Facebook posts show he had recently left an establishment called "Margaritas"
- Only after returning to the Police station with an Attorney the victim was given the name and status of the driver, after a long wait.

UPDATE from murdick's attorney on FB:
UPDATE ON HIT AND RUN OF CYCLIST: I just did a 5 minute interview with one of the witnesses. He corroborates EVERYTHING Randy Murdicksaid. Also, the witnesses 28 year old son was also in the truck so there are THREE witnesses. In sum, the driver of the truck said he saw the Mayor turn the wheel to the right into the cyclist. He absolutely believes it was intentional and deliberate. He chased the mayor down the road and yelled at him and blinked his lights to get him to pull over. He could not believe the mayor got away without a ticket. At no time did he ever see Randy grab the car. His hands were on the bike. The Mayor's story is a total lie
Last edited by: Rest: Jul 31, 14 5:39
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Rest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing story. Glad he's ok. Will be interesting to see how this ends. Guessing with an ex-mayor!
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Jul 30, 14 10:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Idiots are idiots.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are instantly deleting Facebook comments but it does provide the mayors email address: furrermark@hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [godaddygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not for nothing but how do you know this guy's story is legit? He just linked the facebook page...
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, one of the previous posters said that they are deleting comments just as fast as they get put up on the facebook page. You would think that if it was not the mayor or a misunderstanding they would make a statement of some sort instead of deleting

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's the mayor of a rich suburb. Of course he thinks he's above the law.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm all for a great online group bullying of this guy, but before I go writing on his wall how can I be sure that it was him?
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, but I would be doing the same if I were Mayor weather the strory is true or not....
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MSUtri wrote:
I'm all for a great online group bullying of this guy, but before I go writing on his wall how can I be sure that it was him?

I have no proof of who it is, but based on the story here, and the last update the mayor posted on his facebook page of going to this new mexican restuarant for lunch, they story and timeline seemed to have matched. He was in a hurry to go eat lunch and drink a margarita.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a link to the incident? Surely it was reported somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
npage148 wrote:
He's the mayor of a rich suburb. Of course he thinks he's above the law.

Nice stereotype.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I posted..."Did you drive there in your red convertible?"

Let's see how long my harmless post lasts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
How about a link to the incident? Surely it was reported somewhere.
it only happend less than 12 hours ago, and will keep you updated when there is a formal news about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he guy made the story up going after the Mayor now will flush out the real story faster. Anyone seen my pitchfork?

Truthfully something about this story seems peculiar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have any physical injuries (i.e. road rash, bruises, or broken bones)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like pretty clear assault and battery. Possibly not hit and run since your weren't injured (ridiculous, but it's been discussed on here before) Could even be construed as attempted murder if you had a witness to verify the statement he made. Since it was completely intentional that you rammed you with his vehicle.

If true, this is one of the worst vehicular assault stories I've ever read.

One could even argue this was an act of terrorism or hate crime. He broadly singled out a group (cyclists), acted in behalf of a group (get off "OUR" roads) and worse, he's a public official potentially using his position as leverage. This is something the FBI might be interested in.

At minimum, because there's potential corruption involved (he has influence over the jurisdiction), the case needs to be reviewed by the State Police.

What makes it even more flagrant, was that it was a convertible, so he had a more personal connection to the victim involved, rather than being shielded somewhat by the vehicle. It also means it's no accident, since he would have clear view and be able to hear you yelling.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure. I agree with everything you said... if the story is real. All we got is his account of what happened and a link to the Mayors Facebook page. I am not about to go on a witch hunt with just the information given.

Last edited by: orphious: Jul 30, 14 6:17
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a side note, those are pretty nice roads around there. I stayed in that area once for training near Fenton and probably found myself running through Sunset Hills. I will note, the cars were typical of most suburban areas and not very patient or considerate of runner or cyclists...at least that was my overall impression.

Good luck getting some justice. IF there's a police report, the local media can be helpful sometimes.... Sometimes not, depending on what business relationships they have with that mayor.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is it on a local cycling forum. Guess we can see how it plays out locally. Guessing it won't be long before the local media picks it up, and presumably you can't go around making stuff like that up without risk of a libel suit.

Link:
http://stlbiking.com/...-sunset-hills-mayor/
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Jul 30, 14 6:12
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I am waiting to hear if his coach fired him before lighting any torches.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems the mayor is getting a good online lambasting; still don't see any official response or news story though. If this is all true, Mr. Mayor is due a jail term for assault with a deadly weapon, in my non-lawyer opinion of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Here is it on a local cycling forum. Guess we can see how it plays out locally. Guessing it won't be long before the local media picks it up, and presumably you can't go around making stuff like that up without risk of a libel suit.

Link:

That is just the same info / post as the OP's above. Nothing new and no official confirmation / news report.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When REST put his name on it (he did on the bike forum) I went ahead and got my torches out of the garage.

If this is indeed true and he has eye witnesses, the mayor is in deep shit. Not kind of deep. Like on the homepage of every major news organizations webpage kind of deep. One of the few things that people hate more than cyclists is politicians who abuse their power. Actually that isn't even close.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Link:

That is just the same info / post as the OP's above. Nothing new and no official confirmation / news report.

There was a little new information in the last post that said that the mayor lives near the accident site.
Quote Reply

Prev Next