Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maybe I've been missing out not using Zwift
Quote | Reply
I guess I've been out of the loop on Zwift. Had only fooled around here and there awhile back. Decided to give it another try and first thing I notices was on Zwift Mobile Link app a list of events that you can join and add to your calendar. When was that added? I remember previously events didn't seem to be setup like that. And then I found out they have group workouts which is very cool. I'll have to see if this is enough to pull me away from trainerroad but I guess it's been awhile since I had checked out zwift. I'm actually sort of blown away by these new features.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe I've been missing out not using Zwift [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not do both?
I use Trainer Road in conjunction with Zwift all the time.
All you need is 2 ANT+ dongles.
My computer won't do Bluetooth, but in theory, if your Power Meter/trainer/whatever can broadcast both ANT+ and BT and your playback device can pick up BT, you're good to go.
Open Zwift, pair your devices.
Open Trainer Road, pair your devices.
Set Trainer Road to minimized view.
Ride away.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe I've been missing out not using Zwift [ayontz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. I have a tacx vortex smart so I could Zwift on Apple TV and trainer road on iPhone.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe I've been missing out not using Zwift [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That won't work. Your trainer or powermeter can only be connected to one device via Bluetooth. This is based on how Bluetooth works.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe I've been missing out not using Zwift [Stva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see. Oh well. I wasn’t that concerned with that anyway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stva wrote:
That won't work. Your trainer or powermeter can only be connected to one device via Bluetooth. This is based on how Bluetooth works.

It looks like the Tacx vortex smart uses both ant+ and bluetooth. Why wouldn't he be able to do this over ant+. I routinely run sufferfest workouts in FE-C erg mode, while simultaneously running zwift at the same time, just without controlling enabled on zwift. I have two ant+ dongles. Works great.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe I've been missing out not using Zwift [Technobuyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He said he wanted to use his Apple TV and iPhone. Those are both Bluetooth devices.

You generally need a computer for Ant+. I think there is technically an Ant+ dongle for idevices but it uses the old 30 pin connector and doesn’t always work with the latest iOS versions.
Last edited by: Stva: Jan 31, 18 7:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stva wrote:
He said he wanted to use his Apple TV and iPhone. Those are both Bluetooth devices.

You generally need a computer for Ant+.

Oh... I missed that. And yes I'm using my set up through my pc. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stva wrote:

Bluetooth 4.0. Bluetooth 5.0 would allow you to connect to multiple but no one is using it just yet. So there is hope. The next gen devices should do it.
Last edited by: surferdude: Jan 31, 18 7:46
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe I've been missing out not using Zwift [Technobuyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use both together all the time. It's sometimes more fun doing long sweetspot intervals if you're burning past other riders and it works really well.

I've got a Wahoo Kickr. I just peer the KICKR to Zwift on my laptop with an ANT+ dongle but unset the setting to control the trainer resistance.

Then i peer my iPhone with the KICKR over Bluetooth and open the TrainerRoad app on my iPhone and run the workout on there. And then start pedaling and sweating. Both of them upload to Strava but i delete the TR one and keep the Zwift one as it contains more details.
Quote Reply