Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mavic Shoes?
Quote | Reply
Noticed several pros wear these tri shoes. What makes them so great and where do they sell them, I would at least like to try a pair on. I couldn't find any dealers in Atlanta or Charlotte….which is strange.
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Shoes? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just recently bought a pair somewhat based upon the Slowtwitch review on the front page. I have used them for several rides as well as the Galveston 1/2 Ironman. It was a big upgrade from the no-name brand I have been using for years that cost me about $60. I found the Mavic online for about $200. They are very bright yellow and show dirt and grease easily. I give them two thumbs up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super stiff, well made, great color, but for me way to narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Noticed several pros wear these tri shoes. What makes them so great and where do they sell them, I would at least like to try a pair on. I couldn't find any dealers in Atlanta or Charlotte….which is strange.

Lots of pros are sponsored by Mavic so in turn they wear them, if they were sponsored by someone else they would wear those shoes, thats not what makes them so great.
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Shoes? [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lightweight, stiff, high tech, wow looks but a little too narrow in the toe area. I am thinking about placing them in my Nordic ski hotwaxing box to heat up and attempt to stretch out the forefoot area if possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried on both the Helium and Race and they fit VERY different from each other. I have a wider forefoot and the helium was just too uncomfortable/narrow, but the Tri Race has a more generous toebox. I raced in the Tri Race last year in sprint to 1/2IM distance, liked them, and would recommend. However, I still haven't found the perfect replacement for the old Carnac TRS#C series, but these are closer than most.
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Shoes? [TriPhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do they sell them?
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Shoes? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who use Mavic shoes, do you find they fit true to size? I want to pick up a pair online but fear not being in the position to try them on.
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic Shoes? [user123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would order a size down. I am a 9.5 or 43.5 in specialized trivent, but the mavic tri heliums 9.5 (43 1/3) are too big for me. I would say at least a half size, maybe full size down. I ordered online to my true size and now I am looking to get rid of them.
Last edited by: dan03nhs: Apr 19, 14 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have only used Mavic since getting my TT/Tri bike last year. I love them. I didn't know anything about them when I bought them they were just the shoes that felt the best in the shop. They are really fast to put on in T1. I don't pre-mount my shoes.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only speak to the Tri Race, but they are fairly true to size. I have the 44 and have used 43.5 to 44.5 tri shoes in the past. My current road shoes are Bontrager 44.

I believe they have a product finder on their website, but call ahead to verify if they have them, as last year it wasn't 100% correct.
Quote Reply