Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters
Quote | Reply
End goal is to upgrade my current bike, or purchase a new bike. I'd like to find out which frames would be great and which to not even consider, based on my body geometry.

I've been told by my current fitter, and several pro/semi-pro riders, my current bike is too big.

I want to go to a fitter for a 2nd opinion and have them confirm this before buying a new bike, I could simply upgrade what I have!

I don't mind driving to another close by state to accomplish this if the best fitter isn't in the Boston area.

Who do you suggest?
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [Bostonbull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been to see Brian Hughes at FastSplits for two fits about five years apart and been happy with the feedback and the results.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Todd Kenyon at TTBikefit.com in Warren, RI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://ttbikefit.com/

Todd is great and will be very thorough and comes highly recommended. I plan on going back this fall/winter for another fit when I'm in the market for a new bike.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/4391866

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a former New England bike fitter the 2 recommendations above are spot on.

Both Brian and Todd are phenomenal fitters that are truly at the top of the field. You will not go wrong with either one.

-J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Further away than the suggestions above, but Jonathan Blyer at ACME in Brooklyn is great.
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have noted: this is for a road bike, not a tri bike.... If that plays into this at all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else jump to mind I should be considering?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a road bike I would also consider Sara Bresnick (http://www.pedalpowercoaching.com/)

Also a huge fan of Brian at Fast Splits, he has been great to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bostonbull wrote:
End goal is to upgrade my current bike, or purchase a new bike. I'd like to find out which frames would be great and which to not even consider, based on my body geometry.

I've been told by my current fitter, and several pro/semi-pro riders, my current bike is too big.

I want to go to a fitter for a 2nd opinion and have them confirm this before buying a new bike, I could simply upgrade what I have!

I don't mind driving to another close by state to accomplish this if the best fitter isn't in the Boston area.

Who do you suggest?

What about Fitwerx? They have stores around Boston and New England. Their fitter was just featured here on Slowtwitch for breaking the hour speed record so that guy is clearly up on fit and bike tech that makes you go fast vs all the marketing bs out there.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think trukweaz does bike fits --- Personal Best Multisport Coaching

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JDinMA wrote:
For a road bike I would also consider Sara Bresnick (http://www.pedalpowercoaching.com/)

Also a huge fan of Brian at Fast Splits, he has been great to me.

Agree on Brian at Fast Splits. He's very knowledgeable and a great guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dean and Marty at Fitwerx in Peabody are great, Dean did my road bike fitting two years ago and I have no complaints or issues. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Ian and Sarah at the original location in VT did my tri-bike fitting years ago and there are excellent as well.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dean Phillips fit me on my tri bike. It was perfect. I'm still riding it 10 years later. I recently went in for a refit because I'd monkeyed around with stuff over past 3-4 years and had messed it up. Either that or I'd just gotten older. He made a few tiny adjustments and suddenly it was perfect again.
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of love for Fitwerx. Spoke to them on phone seem like nice people and knowledgeable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cisco Cornelio at N+1 Cyclery is also very good:

http://nplusonecyclery.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [gingersnaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another nod towards Todd at TTbikefit. He's fit me for my tri and road bikes. Also, in the future if you were deciding to get a new bike, you can email him the bike you want and he'll let you know if it will work for you or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your search begins and ends with Dean at Fitwerx.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for Fitwerx. I have been fit for both a tri and road bike there, have been back occasionally for updates, and couldn't be happier with my bikes and how comfortable the fit is on both.
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [MasskT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chris duffy @ belmont wheelworks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cannot say enough good things about Dean Phillips. I've gotten a fit from him but have sent a few other people his way and we all live about three hours away.
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [nameless ghoul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dean has fit me 3 times.

first was road bike with aero bars

2nd was new tri bike

3rd was adjustment after 2 years on said bike

my next fit will most likely be back with dean. i also sent multiple friends, and my roommate to him. all happy customers. mike meuse at fitworks is also a great guy, would be very happy to be fit by him as well.

my fit is not what i want it to be, but i think it is d/t the size of the frame, vs the fit. i'm hoping a bike upgrade will allow me to go lower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bostonbull wrote:

Who do you suggest?

Dean is very knowledgeable and good but I have tweaked mine fit considerably on my own since my fit with him 3 yrs ago. He gave me a good starting point of reference.

A lot of the fit stuff just depends what you really want out of your fit. Is your goal just to be super comfy and your not as concerned about getting as aero as possible, or do you want to squeeze every last bit out of your fit? Do you mind traveling? If you don't mind traveling look at Missy with ERO in PA, 51 speed shop in CO, or Jim with ERO in Cali.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Massachusetts (or New England) bike fitters [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to Pedal Power in Acton, MA and spent many hours on the Guru Fit System under the watchful eye of John, the owner.

http://pedpow.com/

He dialed in my fit with the Speed Concept to the extent that he spent time discussing specs with the designers at Trek and Specialized to make sure I was sized correctly.

I would work with him again, helpful that I can walk there from my house too.

Now, if only I were as a good an athlete...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bostonbull wrote:

Who do you suggest?

Boston area I would probably go to Marty at Fitwerx in Peabody because they are so close.

Otherwise, Todd at TTbikefit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next