Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MTBing on Long Island: right type of 29ers?
Quote | Reply
Relocated back to Long Island and at a loss as to how to equip the MTB. ...When buying new MTB tires online, I realized I was ordering tires for the conditions I previously knew (dry, rocky terrain with a lot of opportunities for sidewall breaks) and not necessarily for what's needed for riding on LI trails. To anyone who also MTBs and does so on Long Island, could you advise on the best type of tread to consider when getting 29er tubeless tires?
Last edited by: sunrun2: Oct 19, 14 19:49
Quote Reply
Re: MTBing on Long Island: right type of 29ers? [sunrun2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even though the largest mountain bike area on Long Island is called Rocky Point, you won't find a lot of rocks tearing into your sidewalls on LI. We have a lot of sand and a lot of tight twisty trails. Tires like the Knobby Nick/Racing Ralph combo or Maxxis Ignitor front and rear work great for me.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: MTBing on Long Island: right type of 29ers? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Sweeney. I figured I might be able to take advantage of a lighter tire now, but hoping to stay on the bike through the winter through wet and likely snowy conditions :( Nobby Nics seem like a good option. Again, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: MTBing on Long Island: right type of 29ers? [sunrun2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing ralph, Pythons, etc. Fast tires good for sand. There are no such thing as wet conditions on LI. Sometimes the snow is ridable, but its usually either too deep or too icy.
Quote Reply