Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MP Michael Phelps training swimwear
Quote | Reply
I just thought I'd throw this out there.. Our new MP Michael Phelps line has some new training swimwear available now! Some very unique prints. Non engineered prints, so each suit will look a little bit different. For right now, there are 3 prints available in one cut for men and one cut for women. 4 more prints will be coming down the line in the next couple of months.

http://www.michaelphelps.com/...mwear/training-suits

The men's suit is a brief cut more like a drag suit, so the leg is a little lower.

The women's suit is is a very thin strap cutout suit. (Below is a photo of MP and his fiance Nicole testing an all black version a few months back for reference of the cut)

It is tough for a photo to show the true print, but these suits are awesome! These suits are bright and unlike any prints out there right now.

If you would like to find some in your in your local area, please let me know and I would be happy to help you find a local shop.

The full line can be seen at the MP link in my signature.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: MP Michael Phelps training swimwear [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are nice! I wish you had posted this 2 weeks ago, before I bought new speedos for this year. Do you know if team-aquatic.ca is going to be carrying the suits? They already have the tech suit and other gear, so I image they would be.

I just picked up the MP K180's to try out, haven't worn them in the pool yet though. They seem nice though.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize he had his own swim line (makes sense). Those K180s look nice. Will have to give them a try :)
Quote Reply
Re: MP Michael Phelps training swimwear [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We launched the line with MP in April of this year.

This will be a competitive swimming line, with products that crossover very well into the Triathlon space.

The K180+ is MP's goggle of choice. They are a really great low profile two piece goggle that give you a little bit of peripheral vision. The K180 has a soft gasket, while the K180+ has a compressed rubber gasket which makes the goggle a little more low profile.

If Team-Aquatic has the XPRESSO suit, they should have the training suits. We just received stock and they are starting to show up in dealers in the US. Two weeks ago we would not have had these, so timing missed a bit. Sorry about that. Can you really have enough suits though?

Jason, I noticed that the XPRESSO suit wasn't on your lists of suits to race at Nationals..? This was the suit Michael wore to swim 2 of the fastest textile suit swims ever a few weeks ago.. Is that enough to convince you that it's fast?

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard about some other MP training equipment besides the snorkel but none of it shows up on the mobile version of the site. When does that come out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:
We launched the line with MP in April of this year.

This will be a competitive swimming line, with products that crossover very well into the Triathlon space.

The K180+ is MP's goggle of choice. They are a really great low profile two piece goggle that give you a little bit of peripheral vision. The K180 has a soft gasket, while the K180+ has a compressed rubber gasket which makes the goggle a little more low profile.

If Team-Aquatic has the XPRESSO suit, they should have the training suits. We just received stock and they are starting to show up in dealers in the US. Two weeks ago we would not have had these, so timing missed a bit. Sorry about that. Can you really have enough suits though?

Jason, I noticed that the XPRESSO suit wasn't on your lists of suits to race at Nationals..? This was the suit Michael wore to swim 2 of the fastest textile suit swims ever a few weeks ago.. Is that enough to convince you that it's fast?

Jake

I only mentioned those suits because I already own a TYR, so I have a good idea of how they fit, and I've had a chance to try on the Arena. The Xpresso does look good though, especially in the blue.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: MP Michael Phelps training swimwear [Trexlera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trexlera wrote:
I heard about some other MP training equipment besides the snorkel but none of it shows up on the mobile version of the site. When does that come out?

The other training equipment pieces will be available towards the end of the year. They won't go up on the site until just before they are released, but I promise they are worth the wait.

Jason, I've had lots of feedback that the MP suit is more comfortable than the Carbon Pro. I am biased, but we use 2 fabrics in the suit. One a three way stretch high compression textile and a second material that is a very high compression textile with very little stretch. Combine these and you have a flexible but tight suit. The flexibility is something that Michael asked for, as the stiffness of the carbon pro reduced his ability to walk. The feedback on the XPRESSO is that it is a very comfortable (relative) and fast suit.

As a note, we design, conceptualize, test, test, test, test, and bring to production all of our own goggles in our own facilities in Genoa, Italy. The level of quality is higher than that of our competition. This also speaks to our process in designing and developing products for the MP line.

- All the goggles are designed and manufactured in house. Any new goggles are being designed for, and tested by Michael himself, with technical feedback from Bob Bowman.
- All swimwear is also designed in-house. Michael picked the fabrics and the cut for the training swimwear as well as provided key feedback on the design of the XPRESSO tech suit.
- Training tools are being developed for use by Michael as well as tech feedback being provided by both MP and Bob Bowman.

All products are thought out and tested before going to production. The products differ from what you see out there today. Stay tuned for some great new products under this brand!

Jake

Get outside!
Last edited by: jakers: Aug 23, 15 20:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had great experiences with aquasphere before so I look forward to seeing the new stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard that about the carbon pro, but the carbon flex is supposed to have a bit more give in it. I tried on the flex, not the pro, but I haven't swum in either of them.

Matt Grevers wears the Avictor, which is a good enough reason for me! It also got really good reviews by Mark Gangloff.

I'll consider the MP suit as well, as I said, it does look nice and it also got a pretty good review by mark gangloff at swimoutlet.com.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 23, 15 20:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried out the k180's in the pool today. They seemed pretty good, they are certainly well made, and reasonably comfy. but I did switch back to my speed sockets in the middle of the workout. I would probably like the k180+ better, when I ordered them I didn't realize that there were 2 different models. I do find them a little more finicky to position on my face than the speed sockets.

I'm not giving up on them yet. I'm just not used to them, and I was swimming in a different pool than my usual one. The pool was causing problems with my turns, because of how the bulkheads were positioned the T was too far from the wall at one end. I pretty much always key off the T rather than the wall mark for free turns and finishes. I didn't want to get used to new goggles and the new pool at the same time.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply