Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Luau in Kona?
Quote | Reply
The family wants to go to a luau in Kona this year. Looks like the best options are the one at Hilton Waikola or the one as the King Kam hotel. Has anyone gone to one or both of these? Which is better? The one at the Hilton would be about $140 more expensive for the family.
Quote Reply
Re: Luau in Kona? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
The family wants to go to a luau in Kona this year. Looks like the best options are the one at Hilton Waikola or the one as the King Kam hotel. Has anyone gone to one or both of these? Which is better? The one at the Hilton would be about $140 more expensive for the family.

Overrated and overpriced. Instead drive up to the top of Muana Kea for sunset. Its free and unbelievable
Last edited by: bcagle25: Sep 18, 14 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you had a choice between Waikola Hilton or Marriot, the Marriot is the way to go. Even the Hilton staff tell you the Marriot is better.
Haven't done King Kam to compare.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't been but have heard good things about the one at Royal Kona resort...actually I've heard a good bit of the luau from my room there...

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Luau in Kona? [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everybody should do one Luau. Only one. The food is similar to a wedding: You just never know how it will be. The entertainment is average although the women are unbelievable hot. Then there is the bus ride. Good God that ride makes me want to stab kittens while punching babies. Especially coming back when it's filled with drunk idiots.

I've gone to more Luau's than I can even count, but that's cause my parents enjoyed them. My parents had a summer house on the coast of Ohau so I spent many summers there (from MI). I still go back yearly and always travel with friends who've never been there. That means I get the joy of a LUAU. This December will be the first time going WITHOUT friends. Luau can kiss my ass.

With that said, I'd be happy to attend a Luau if I made it to Kona. That would be my sacrifice to the Gods.

Quote | Reply
We've done the Luau at the Hilton Waikoloa. So so. I wouldn't do it again. Don't get me wrong. It was ok. Show was pretty good. Food was good but the atmosphere wasn't what I had envisioned. Didn't feel authentic. Felt more like a dinner show. No where near the beach like I kinda envisioned.

This year we are doing the Luau at the King Kam hotel. One reason is we are staying there for the race and second, we've heard good things about it. We shall see.

Mark M
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Royal King is good and on the water. Entertainment is enjoyable. Food is good. Views are on the water and the sunset last year were great. Tables and chairs okay. Still it is outside and Hawaii. Gotta do it while there. Did King Kam a view years ago. Food is equal, both good. Entertainment slightly better here but view not as much. Tables and chair the same but better arranged around the stage. In Kona, each is on a different night, choose your night and that will determine where you go. Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the one at King Kam this past June. Entertainment was good and food was tasty. It being right in the water was cool

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to the one at the King Kam & it was a nice time. At times it seemed to drag on with certain aspects of it, but it was fun. I have been to the one at the Royal Kona Resort 2 or 3 times. I wouldn't say they are vastly different. Not sure if some of the performers do multiple locations but some looked familiar. Go just to say you did it. Then it'll be over with. Try to experience as much of life you can while you have it.
Quote Reply
Re: Luau in Kona? [OhCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. We booked the one at the King Kam for Tuesday night of race week. Seemed like the easiest one to do since we are staying not too far away.
Quote Reply