Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount??
Quote | Reply
I just got my shiv back, with the low stack kit installed. I cannot mount my BTA cage the same way and i am forced to mount it closer to the ends of the extensions....which then puts the garmin in the way when you insert or remove the bottle. Wondering what solution you are using on the low stack shiv for BTA hydration. Anyone have a nice setup with pictures?
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's The Hoff's setup: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...f_The_Hoff_4682.html

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had the low stack kit installed yet, but I too was wondering how it might effect my BTA mount. I have the Zipp mount which has the bottle entry facing opposite the garmin mount. So you might try flipping the cage. I'm more worried about having it too far forward and the Garmin running into my hands/wrists.

edit: just saw the reply above. Looks like it might work. Crosses fingers.
Last edited by: JoshTriNW: Mar 31, 15 15:35
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [JoshTriNW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoshTriNW wrote:
I haven't had the low stack kit installed yet, but I too was wondering how it might effect my BTA mount. I have the Zipp mount which has the bottle entry facing opposite the garmin mount. So you might try flipping the cage. I'm more worried about having it too far forward and the Garmin running into my hands/wrists.

edit: just saw the reply above. Looks like it might work. Crosses fingers.

Not sure what Hoff has there...but I ran the same option as you...doesn't work. Staring at it looking for alternatives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben Hoffman has the Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA mount. I have the same one. I am curious what mounts you guys have that don't seem to work? Xlab?
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [JoshTriNW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X-Lab, you can't zip tie it behind the pads because the bars don't extend beyond the pads, as they did before. Well...apparently they don't make my version anymore. Thinking the x-lab version with the garmin mount attached to it may work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Speedfil Z4. I had it mounted with the bottle pointing forward, but had to flip it around (bottle facing me) after the low stack fix since the cage is pushed forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [cvcabran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to zip tie mine to the stem and it worked better then when I had it tied to the extensions. One tie at the bottom of the cage just wrapping around the stem and 2 more ties wrapping angled around the front of the stem/bar where the clamp is. Mine is the alloy version, so it's a regular style stem. The front ties may be tougher on the carbon version. I'd take a pic, but I'm out of town.
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [bluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Zipp BTA mount as above - the low stack clamps meant I had to move it forward approx 30mm from where I had it previously. The garmin 510 I have is basically touching the inside of my thumbs now. It probably depends on the rotation of the extensions and your particular hand position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not had the low stack kit done yet, but I anticipated the same issue you are having. I ordered the TriRig Sigma stem that has mounts for a water bottle. This way it keeps my water close to where it was and doesn't push everything into my hands. It is a bit more, but may be worth a look if you cannot make another BTA setup work.

In a week or 2 when/ if I can get my recall completed I will post pics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Zipp mount like the Hoff's, but I have the Garmin behind the bottle. I had to move it forward about an inch from where it was before, but it works well. The Garmin is not too far back, which is what I was worried about. I'll take some pics if anyone wants me to. I'm also considering the PD FC25 bottle and confirmed with them that it fits in their Aerodrink basebar bracket which clamps to the basebar adjacent to the stem clamp (aluminum basebar). This will let me mount the bottle further back and not attached to the extensions at all and let me run the Garmin in front.
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [willembad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with the Zipp option like Hoff. Worked out perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just rain into this issue. I'm thinking of using the speedfil A2 stem mount to solve my problem, as per a friend's request who has this solution working at the moment.

http://store.invisciddesign.com/a2stemmountkit.html
Quote Reply
Re: Low Stack Shiv BTA Hydration w/ Garmin Mount?? [bluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like this might work with the xlab too. How did you route the rear brake cable? To the right of the stem? Otherwise it is going to be in the way of the zip tie.

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply