Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lost my iPod shuffle - what next
Quote | Reply
Lost my iPod shuffle and they are now discontinued. Looking for recommendations- I hate using my phone ( too bulky).
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [yikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seconding the waterproof ipod shuffle recommendation. I bought 2 of those and will use them until they go kaput.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Bragi Dash- 4 gigs of storage... waterproof and awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [AC$] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. My ipod shuffle was about $50 - the waterproof ones seem to be $200+ . I was hoping to keep it basic and in the same price range.

Any other suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use an AGPTEK A26 for most of my runs. It's cheap (30USD or so on Amazon). It's not perfect, but it will do most things a Shuffle could do (including drag and drop, which none of my shuffles ever did).

I'd say it's a firmware update away from perfection for running. Just needs playlists to work better and allow changes in volume even when the keylock is on.

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [BungleJapan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just buy another iPod Shuffle off eBay?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind pink, I've got a shuffle I can sell you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of getting one of these: https://bemighty.com/products/mighty
(I already subscribe to Spotify)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone said, get a mighty. I have one, it’s basically an iPod Shuffle for Spotify. You do need to have a premium Spotify account but that is the only drawback. I don’t have a shuffle anymore but I would say it’s the same size but slightly thicker from what I remember. Negligible though. It weighs nothing just like the shuffle. You can use wired or wireless headphones and also sync multiple playlists to it. Love mine. I paid $85, not sure if the price is the same still but it’s definitely worth it.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sandisc
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second the Mighty. Slightly larger than an iPod Shuffle, but very similar.

The battery life is not great, maybe 5 hours max, but if you charge it every other day, you're set.

I like how you can add different playlists and switch from each one on the fly. So I have an easy playlist but with one button can change to my "pump up" playlist and hit a hard workout.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+ 1 on the SanDisk

I can't tell you how many shuffles I went through until I found the SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player.... it has a built in radio too. By far the best money I've spent to date for portable digital music.
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [toadbra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Motorola motoactv (no, i'm not kidding)
this was a high-end, do it all sports device that totally failed and is discontinued.
You can still get them on ebay for less than $40 and its the smallest/lightest bluetooth MP3 player I could find. I don't use any of the GPS functionality, just as an audiobook player.
If you don't care about wireless headphones, there are many other options.

BTW, there are rumors that Garmin will release a running watch (645) soon which will support playing music over bluetooth, but I don't know how reliable these are
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not used the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus but have been eyeing one at Target - bluetooth / 16GB storage, super small and just clips on.

Amazon link.

Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [toadbra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toadbra wrote:
+ 1 on the SanDisk

I can't tell you how many shuffles I went through until I found the SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player.... it has a built in radio too. By far the best money I've spent to date for portable digital music.

the Clip is better at music than the iPod and mine has been very durable. Cheap too.
Also, you don't have to install the iTunes virus on your PC, in order to get music on to the Clip.
It's a win-win-win..

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/...a-clip-measured.html
"THE MEASUREMENTS (brief version):

• Frequency Response: Ruler flat from 10 hz to 20 Khz and very accurate
  • Distortion: Below 0.05% which most agree is inaudible
  • Maximum Output: About 15 mW--higher than average
  • Output Impedance: An extremely impressive 1 ohm (dedicated headphone amp territory)
  • DAC Performance: Impressive and better than many players costing several times more"
Quote Reply
Re: Lost my iPod shuffle - what next [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2 on the Sandisk Sport Clip.

It's as small as a shuffle, and cheap. I've gone through a few of them over the years. Once it starts giving me problems, I just get a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+ on the SanDisk MP3 players. The Clip was the original - long discontinued, then the Clip+, also discontinued. Clip Zip added a color screen, but is otherwise similar size to the Clip/Clip+, but rarely found in retail. The retail-available successor is the Clip Jam, back to a monochrome screen, but the same (small) size. Two other models are retail-available are the Clip Sport and the Clip Sport Plus. These claim to be waterproof and the Plus adds bluetooth, if that is important. All models except the original Clip have a microSD card for expansion, but the recent models segregate the internal memory and the mSD card (so you can't, for example, shuffle among both 'pools' of music). I have not found this to be a limiter for running, as I only have about 3 Gb of running-appropriate music (but that is medium bitrate MP3 - YMMV, especially if you use lossless formats). The SanDisk outlet store occasionally has the discontinued models, if you really want a Clip Zip, but they appear randomly.

Finally - and important - *don't* buy the older models on eBay - they are being offered (and selling!) for a fortune (although I don't know why). I'm using a Sport now and it's fine. 8Gb internal, so no mSD card needed for me. Pretty rugged and only a little larger than the Shuffle or original Clip family. Sound quality is not as good as the Clip/Clip+, but I'm really not paying close attention to the fine musical details while running...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
apple watch and bluetooth headphones. ...aside from the expense of the watch, I really enjoy using mine.
Quote Reply