Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for wetsuit.
Quote | Reply
Missed the Black Friday deals but I am looking for a full sleeve wetsuit.
Any recommendations and deals still out there still?
I don’t want something cheap but I don’t need a top of the line $750+ either.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for wetsuit. [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like Roka wetsuits are still on sale.
I got the Maverick Pro II at a good price. Love the flexibility in the shoulder.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Desoto

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really like my xterra suits that I’ve had. People makes fun of them because they’re always on sale but I’ve had the vortex, vendetta, and currently the vengeance, as well as speedsuits, and they all fit me great. I haven’t had much experience with other brands but really like these suits and good customer service as well.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for ROKA suits. They are still on sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hold on for just a bit and Dan and I will have a ton of wetsuits for sale on the classifieds. Some new, some demos, all different brands too..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Roka and Desoto will allow you to swim in a suit and exchange or return it if necessary. Fit is *crucial* for wetsuits.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for wetsuit. [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
It looks like Roka wetsuits are still on sale.
I got the Maverick Pro II at a good price. Love the flexibility in the shoulder.

What’s the difference between pro2 and elite2?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for wetsuit. [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Really like my xterra suits that I’ve had. People makes fun of them because they’re always on sale but I’ve had the vortex, vendetta, and currently the vengeance, as well as speedsuits, and they all fit me great. I haven’t had much experience with other brands but really like these suits and good customer service as well.

I don’t see them on sale. Btw what’s the difference between vengeance and vortex?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not an expert, but I remember the Pro 2 has the better Yamamoto rubber in shoulders and a center chest strip with thicker rubber. Pro 2 also has a funky forearm piece for better feel- gimmick to me though. After trying them both on, I felt much better in the pro.

Team Zoot So Cal
Last edited by: Karl: Dec 15, 17 18:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually they run sales. I might be able to snag you a nice discount if that’s the route you want to go. The vortex is the more entry level suit. Vengeance is a bit more flexible. I had both at th same time and raced in the vengeance and did training in the vortex.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Missed the Black Friday deals but I am looking for a full sleeve wetsuit.
Any recommendations and deals still out there still?
I don’t want something cheap but I don’t need a top of the line $750+ either.

Thanks

Wetsuits are always on sale, all of them. This is thanks to the marketing tricks of Xterra baselineing their suits at 50% off as really the MSRP. BlueSeventy ran a BlackFriday sale with 25% off, you can save that save that 25% any day of the week here. Their helix is a really nice suit, but it is their top of the line suit which is $600 with the 25% off.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro is marginally more flexible than Elite. Pro also has gimmicky forearm panel and less gimmicky leg strips which help roll but make it seal a tad less well. I demoed both and went with Elite, flexibility difference was very marginal for me and "features" annoyed me. Love my Elite 2
Last edited by: niccolo: Dec 15, 17 20:18
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for wetsuit. [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great minds can still differ ;)

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a barely used Aquaman Metal Cell ($600+ retail) in classifieds. $150
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
Great minds can still differ ;)

Indeed. I suspect the better a swimmer you are, the more you might appreciate the marginal benefits of the Pro, mostly the additional flexibility. I'm solidly MOP (nudging toward BOMOP).
Quote Reply