Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for some athletes who want to test a du race course
Quote | Reply
I direct a small race that I post about here a few times, the Rat Snake. The format and course distances are unorthodox, but it seems to work as it has already sold out! I'm looking to add to the race experience next year.

Here is my absolutely unfair offer:

I'm looking to broaden the race's horizons with a bit more of a challenge the day before the race on 5/15 with a duathlon that doubles the course distance. If it seems to work, it will be part of the race day experience in 2016. All of you talk about low entry fees, not wanting swag, and a good race, I can provide that. Right now I touted it to friends of the race to donate $100 to try it for good will because they know what this race is about and where the proceeds go. Since I don't know most of you and you are not close to the race or its cause, I would cut your entry fee cost, in half. You will have endless suffering for 6-8 hours depending on your ability and I will provide you with free heady topper and food for your feedback after the race. I will make sure you are treated like a king/queen. If you stay until the next day, you MUST be a good Samaritan and volunteer for the Rat Snake on Saturday and will have more heady and a pig roast.

There are only 7 spots left out of 10. The course is ridiculously hard, 11.2 mile trail run, 58 mile bike, 11.2 mile trail run. Totally self supported. Course details: http://theratsnake.com/course-maps/

Just looking to see if any of you might be interested if you didn't get into AmZ (same weekend, have no idea if sold out but usually is!)

PM me if interested and I can give you a discount code.

Thanks for looking.

Dan

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some athletes who want to test a du race course [dforbes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if it were not same weekend as Amzof I would totally do it!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some athletes who want to test a du race course [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, AmZ is a great race, but having it this weekend saves me a lot of money at the park I run it out of. If you ever get closed out... thanks for looking!

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply