Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for pool and run location during business trip to Clearwater, FL
Quote | Reply
I will be traveling to the Clearwater / St Petersburg Fl area next week and will arrive early morning. Don't need to be at the company i am visiting until the next day so i was hoping to get a swim and run in while i am there. I technically need to be in St Pete but Clearwater seems to be a more interesting place to spend the day.

So, thoughts on where i can swim in the late morning or afternoon, as well as any recommendations for a nice run where I can focus on the run so it's productive (meaning, nit having to stop at intersections etc)?

Thanks!

Quote | Reply
There is the Long Center (indoor) in Clearwater and North Shore pool in St. Pete, both are quality pools that have open swim hours. As for running there is a nice sidewalk/path along the bay right at North Shore pool in St. Pete that you can log some good miles with minimal crossing streets. Not as familiar with running in Clearwater but there are a couple trails and there is always the beach that has a long sidewalk that's decent enough for running.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for pool and run location during business trip to Clearwater, FL [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North Shore pool is your best bet for St. Pete swimming. Running is pretty good but not as scenic as running along Clearwater Beach. Depends on how much time you have that your willing to dedicate to travel from St. Pete to Clearwater.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for pool and run location during business trip to Clearwater, FL [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont know where you're from, but I would use this as an ideal opportunity to get an OWS swim in. Clearwater beach is stellar...If its choppy you can swim in the intracoastal.

Ive run many times from Clearwater, along the main drag south, over the bridge into Sand Key,Bellair, and Indian Rocks Beach...Depending how many miles you are looking to go, you will have your fill. There are a few causeways for repeats if you fancy that. Bike lanes and sidewalks are all decent
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for pool and run location during business trip to Clearwater, FL [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
I dont know where you're from, but I would use this as an ideal opportunity to get an OWS swim in. Clearwater beach is stellar...If its choppy you can swim in the intracoastal.

Ive run many times from Clearwater, along the main drag south, over the bridge into Sand Key,Bellair, and Indian Rocks Beach...Depending how many miles you are looking to go, you will have your fill. There are a few causeways for repeats if you fancy that. Bike lanes and sidewalks are all decent

The gulf is currently 89 degrees. Stick with the pool for an effective workout unless you want to take a warm bath.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for pool and run location during business trip to Clearwater, FL [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no PM practice for masters at North Shore due to the 50m pool getting work done. If you are going to swim at North Shore, go in the AM.

I live on the St. Pete/Clearwater line up by Ulmerton and it is WAY easier to get to North Shore than Clearwater. You said you were technically in St. Pete but close to Clearwater which makes me think you're up around my neck of the woods. North Shore is much easier to get to, and downtown St. Pete has much more going on than Clearwater's "downtown".
Quote Reply