Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a great fit
Quote | Reply
I have bought a new bike every year and can't seem to find one that fits. I'm 5'7" 150lb and a runner. This is my 8th year and I need to stop buying bikes and find one that I am comfrontable on. I been fitted more than once by different people and nothing seems to be a comfrontable fit. Any suggestion for a tri bike?? One that I can keep for years...As I said I'm 5'7" 150lb and muscular frame. Frame size is around 51. As of now I have (and also selling) a Cannodale ironmn 2000 size 51 650 set. The one frame that was comfrontable was softride but only used it once for ironman usa..I'm only race sprint and olympic.
Shawn

"Triathlon is a winter sport that is merely played out in the summer."
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a great fit [Howard Stern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More important than your height and weight is the relative length of your inseam and your torso. If you have a relatively short torso, you will need a bike with a relatively short top tube; longer torso, longer top tube.

My experience with most bike shops is that they pick the size of the bike, based upon your height, which works well for the majority of the population. If your proportions differ from the norm, then the fitting gets more complicated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried working with Fitwerx?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a great fit [DirtGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually yes. They fit me but I don't think it was them I think it is the bike

"Triathlon is a winter sport that is merely played out in the summer."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they fit you on an existing bike? I've just heard a lot of great things about them. A friend of mine got a fitting done there and had is waiting for her custom Guru Crono to be built. I got a custom Seven built through Littleton Bike Shop and it fits great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides the obvious choice of a Titanflex, what about a Yaqui? People who own them rave about their comfort.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you mean to say that in 8 years you have been on 8 different bicycles? What was the problem? What is your discomfort?
What have you been riding? Give us a list. What size top tubes?
I believe in the old quote "unless everyone is telling you that your bike is too small, it is probably too big" but 51 sounds kind of small for someone 5'7''.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply