Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she doesn't know what her ftp is and/or sets it incorrectly for her downloads :) 92 tss in 36 min....
Last edited by: jeffp: Jun 29, 17 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
On the home page

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...isa_Norden_6428.html

Discuss

In IF of 1.24 done for 35+ minutes makes me quite certain her FTP isn't set correctly. I wonder if the 250 watts they used for calculation of the IF and TSS was just the standard value that wasn't updated. I'm thinking her FTP is way higher than 250 watts.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
Herbert wrote:
On the home page

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...isa_Norden_6428.html

Discuss

In IF of 1.24 done for 35+ minutes makes me quite certain her FTP isn't set correctly. I wonder if the 250 watts they used for calculation of the IF and TSS was just the standard value that wasn't updated. I'm thinking her FTP is way higher than 250 watts.

I think 250w is default. 310 np for 35 min prob puts here around 300w ftp - give or take a few watts? Impressive - especially if her weight is correctly entered (4.91 kg at the 310w = 63kg)

Really cool Win :-) anybody know anything of how the TT -scene is in sweden om the womens side? The swede med used to have some decent TT'ers IIRC?
Last edited by: lovegoat: Jun 29, 17 15:21
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweden does have some quite good female pro cyclists, so it's not that Lisa is "just" a fast triathlete, she's plain fast! She petitioning Swedish Cycling to get a spot in the WC TT, which I really hope they grant her!

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
audiojan wrote:
Sweden does have some quite good female pro cyclists, so it's not that Lisa is "just" a fast triathlete, she's plain fast! She petitioning Swedish Cycling to get a spot in the WC TT, which I really hope they grant her!

I kinda figured - was really impressed by those watts! :) Cycling is probably the only endurance-sport on the planet where I could hope to hold my own vs a large portion of female athletes (on a flat course - ha!:), but Lisa would most def give me a hard time!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As pointed out in the Facebook thread on the article she does not look like 0.19 cda. This pic is from a suboptimal angle but at least I would change a few things around to see if things would get faster.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Last edited by: mortysct: Jun 30, 17 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mortysct wrote:
As pointed out in the Facebook thread on the article she does not look like 0.19 cda. This pic is from a suboptimal angle but at least I would change a few things around to see if things would get faster.

Her CdA was measured using that silly Bioracer software that measures frontal area (basically what old school TTers used to do) and should be taken with a pinch of salt. That said she's putting out fantastic power.
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
Her CdA was measured using that silly Bioracer software that measures frontal area (basically what old school TTers used to do) and should be taken with a pinch of salt. That said she's putting out fantastic power.

Actually Staczero - they 3D scan the rider then run CFD sims to come up with a CdA

With our FA software you can get reasonable CdA values if you setup carefully and have a good understanding of Cd. But that's not what I recommend and you don't have any surety that the number is real. So the system just gives the impact of changes in FA, which is a valid use. Actual CdA needs to come from tunnel or field data
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert, I would change the title of this thread to, "Pro Triathlete Lisa Norden beats all Swedish Road Cyclists at National TT championships". The bike is cool, but the real story is that she beat people who ride full time! At the end of the day, it's another bike that will be forgotten long after all the tri geeks in Sweden remember that their girl beat all the roadies in the country.
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She beat a fellow pro triathlete too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
She beat a fellow pro triathlete too

Yes, I realize triathletes went 1-2. That's such an awesome story. I think those ladies would have done it on any of the top bikes though. That's who they are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like she repeated this year. Does she just do this "for fun"?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She had surgery to her stubborn achilles this winter, so doing plenty of bike volume makes sense. Repeating the TT win is a very obvious goal in that situation. I thought Fahlin would beat her. Maybe she has done some adjustments in her bikefit because this year she had an AP of 276 and yet won.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad that she found something else to occupy herself with
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mortysct wrote:
She had surgery to her stubborn achilles this winter, so doing plenty of bike volume makes sense. Repeating the TT win is a very obvious goal in that situation. I thought Fahlin would beat her. Maybe she has done some adjustments in her bikefit because this year she had an AP of 276 and yet won.

Winning is not about being better than yourself, it's about being better than your opponents on the day.

Last years number two, three and four didn't attend this year. Neither did several other former medalist.

I was at the venue and a lot of riders had lower watts than usual. There was a very strong and unpredictable crosswind which had several riders riding on the base bar and struggling to stay on course. I'm guessing a triathlete with a strong upper body and who is used to riding along coastlines had a good advantage over the rest. There were no sub 60kg riders in the top 10, probably because of the strong wind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is really cool, but no surprise that a Sutton athlete has her tire on backwards and the numbers dont make sense. His goal for his athletes are to win, which she did in convincing fashion.

And not surprising as the world champion ladies TT winner has been a triathlete a few times too I believe. A little harder climb to the mens race of course, but great performances by the ladies in our sport to be able to dominate and entirely different domain. Now we just need Gwen to pop a good one this year and we could field a world class relay that would be unbeatable with Lucy Charles!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surprised at the numbers, thought pro and national level riders would put out a lot more.
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
surprised at the numbers, thought pro and national level riders would put out a lot more.

306/63 = 4.86 W/kg, or about 15% less than what a world class female TTer could generate for the same duration.
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that based on the standard chart that floats around for w/kg?

How skewed are the tops of those numbers with the doping at that level, or does it matter since that's what it took to get there...doped numbers or not?

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The same ap as an average male club cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:

I highly doubt that there is any "*club* in the world where the average male cyclist puts out 4.9 W/kg in 40 min TT:s. Not many of the male masters racers in the Swedish nats beat Lisa's time, even though they had much better wind conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [fb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fb wrote:
stevie g wrote:

I highly doubt that there is any "*club* in the world where the average male cyclist puts out 4.9 W/kg in 40 min TT:s. Not many of the male masters racers in the Swedish nats beat Lisa's time, even though they had much better wind conditions.

Yeah maybe the average fat cyclist puts out that power but 2w/kg.
Quote Reply
Re: Lisa Norden's Swedish TT Champs winning bike and TrainingPeaks file [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-JBMarshTX wrote:
Is that based on the standard chart that floats around for w/kg?

How skewed are the tops of those numbers with the doping at that level, or does it matter since that's what it took to get there...doped numbers or not?

It is based on knowing what the best women in the sport at present can do (which is about 10% more than what it took to win the inaugural women's world ITT championship). Some of that knowledge comes from simply being 'in the know', and some from having tested people.

As for my classic power profiling tables, none of the individuals who provided the top anchor point data were ever sanctioned, or even reasonably suspected of, doping.

That said, the power profiling approach (ripped off by Sufferfest as '4DP') was superceded by the power-duration profiling chart in WKO4. It is based on similar logic, but applies it to all durations, not just a few.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should add that a couple of years ago I posted a few examples of women averaging 5-5.5 W/kg for 30+ min on the TRWPM FB page. These were all drawn from public reports, i.e., the data are out there for all to see. I no longer maintain that page, but it is still out there if people want to do a little digging.
Quote Reply

Prev Next