Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lionel on a woodway on zwift running.
Quote | Reply
Saw lionel in zwift today running -- then saw this post on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/...taken-by=lsanderstri

What a huge upgrade for him along with the endless pool!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw him when I signed in but I didn't realize he was running. Pretty cool.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if endless pools can get on zwift we can do triathlons around the world in our homes.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So to be fast I don't need a super fancy pain cave like the posts in the 'Show me your pain cave' thread? I feel so much better training in my unfinished basement now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

No nogs? Strange.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About time that guy bought a Woodway - he burned through like 7 of his older treadmills (all under warrantee) for being such a running stud on it. I was going to leave a msg on his blog telling him to do that - if you're a world-beating pro triathlete who does the bulk of training indoors, you definitely can justify the purchase of a WW treadmill.

On an unrelated note, IMO, Vasa missed out on a huge opportunity by not aggressively sponsoring this guy when he was a weaker swimmer than he is now and especially now that he's no longer a target user since he's got the Endless Pool. Seriously, this guy's the #1 up and coming triathlete in the world approaching the peak of his game, the #1 indoor training triathlete role model/icon who posts regularly about his regimen which obviously works to the world-beating level, and you don't send a guy out there to sponsor this guy?! I literally can't think of any other athlete that would be a more convincing and better spokesperson for their product than this guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked into it. That is almost $12,000 by the time it would be at my house.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

Probably more - apparently, most of their models require a special higher power wall outlet, so you have to include the price of installing one of those as well. I suspect that's the reason his Woodway is in an unfinished room rather than just replacing the spot of his old treadmill, but I could be wrong about that and he might just be setting up a new pain cave altogether.

Still, I'd say $12k is easy stuff for a pro triathlete at his level. Most nonprofessional DIYers exceed that amount in tools and hardware that they barely use, but Lionel runs his TMs into the ground day in day out so if anyone's going to get their moneys' worth on it, he is!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not all of them though. My Desmo runs on standard 120v.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that is true, the fact that he had to buy a woodway/endless pool out of pocket in the first place should tell you everything you need to know about the value (or lack there of) of pros in triathlon.

Here is a top-5 in the world talent who is ALSO a brand evangelist for his rollers, for zwift, for his endless pool, and now for his woodway. If he's not getting comped product, or a significant discount, that's pretty telling.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Not all of them though. My Desmo runs on standard 120v.

True, but can't buy that one anymore

http://en.woodway.com/performance/desmo_hp.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got quotes on woodways, they have a couple of models for 6 to 8 k. Shipping was 1k.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
I got quotes on woodways, they have a couple of models for 6 to 8 k. Shipping was 1k.

Which models are 6-8k and new? Curious; the ones I saw were 10k+. The Desmo fit the bill but apparently is discontinued per their website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
his running form on zwift is better than his real life running form lol
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

i bought a mercury refurb from the factory with the upgraded motor(up to 15mph). it had a brand new belt/slats. brand new monitor. same warranty.
so i never really understood what wasn't new. but i saved quite a bit on it. i drove from columbus to get it.
the mercury belt is narrower than the desmo but i've ran on both and it's never bothered me having a 3" narrower belt.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burhed wrote:
So to be fast I don't need a super fancy pain cave like the posts in the 'Show me your pain cave' thread? I feel so much better training in my unfinished basement now.

If your unfinished basement has an endless pool and a woodway treadmill...you are outclassing most paincaves by a margin.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel on a woodway on zwift running. [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His "stache" needs work.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply