Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Levi has my respect.
Quote | Reply
Laying it out there in his movie, being honest, it's refreshing. It doesn't change what he did, cheating. But I've been forgiven for much worse by others, so I'm past it now, and am so so grateful for his transparency.

I recommend the Levi effect to all.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does he go into detail about doping?

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reports are that 6 minutes were added in which Levi addresses his doping. Anyone know if it will be available after tonight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not extensive detail. About 6 minutes of him talking about it within the story line of his life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like he added that 6 minutes after being caught for doping.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't be so sure. Yes, I think there was a segment added, but he was approached by the court a long time ago (I think it said 2 yrs in the movie). So he confessed long before this thing was even being editted or finalized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is just a greedy criminal profiting off his crimes, F him. Maybe i'll watch it if i can steal it off the internet lol..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
%FTP wrote:
Laying it out there in his movie, being honest, it's refreshing. It doesn't change what he did, cheating. But I've been forgiven for much worse by others, so I'm past it now, and am so so grateful for his transparency.

Being honest? He said he stopped doping in 2005. Yet he started winning after that. Sorry, not buying it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This review talks about that segment
http://neilbrowne.com/...evi-effect-a-review/
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may be right. I'd imagine he'd have to be incredibly bold to lie about it though as there are banned people that could call bs on that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can it be seen?
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coming from someone who saw Race Across the Sky in the theater and thoroughly enjoyed it, unfortunately this one was not very entertaining at all. Basically a biography of him, no real attempt to form a plot of any kind. The aspect ratio almost looked full screen vs widescreen in the theater I was in. With two other people mind you. Who left five minutes into the panel because it was just him repeating everything he said in the movie for a large portion of it. I stuck it out based on the principle for paying the money to see it I guess, but Tom D was the highlight and that's just because he told a joke instead of continuing to preach.

I'd borrow the DVD from someone else, if you're really that bored. Not much behind the scenes, not much of a look into a pro cyclists life, just a lot of what he's like at home, what his wife is like, what his pets are like, and then a large advertisement for the Gran Fondo on the back end. I can summarize the doping conversation like this: "I did it, and so did everyone else, but the new guys won't have to."

I watch a lot of endurance sports based films, and I would have rather had my money back, sadly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
%FTP wrote:

Being honest? He said he stopped doping in 2005. Yet he started winning after that. Sorry, not buying it.

If you look at the American cyclists who admitted and gave info for a light punishment, nearly all of them had their best results or results equal to their best after they claimed to have stopped doping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
%FTP wrote:

What if he's telling the truth and his results are better because people are getting off the juice? It's as probable, and maybe more so if you really analyze it, than saying he kept on the junk after 2005. I'm no Levi lover and i think it's awful convenient that everyone stopped taking dope in 2005/06 but I really think his results, and others, make more sense because of clean cycling rather than dirty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say that was horribly produced. The scenes were blurry and the color sucked. After the first couple minutes all of the 12 people in the theater were wondering if it was the movie or the theater. The only decent footage was from races that were televised.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i found it pretty dull.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [ehloolerud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ehloolerud wrote:

What if he's telling the truth and his results are better because people are getting off the juice? It's as probable, and maybe more so if you really analyze it, than saying he kept on the junk after 2005. I'm no Levi lover and i think it's awful convenient that everyone stopped taking dope in 2005/06 but I really think his results, and others, make more sense because of clean cycling rather than dirty.

A wonderful tale... however Operation Puerto took place in 2006, Contador popped in 2010 and just last year Frank Schleck was caught. If you think that they are the only ones then you are very naive.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, I didn't realize the showings were only yesterday (until now of course). Several theaters nearby that showed it. In the meantime, I spent 2 hours getting a damn cell phone upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 'but I stopped in 2006' is absolutely lame. That's not an admission in my eyes, that's rubbish. It's on par with Contador coming back
and telling that in his eyes, he has won 7 grand tours. I guess no one is really interested in cleaning up the sport with all their half-assed
admissions. Ironically Landis and Hamilton end up admitting far more.

And yesterday, miguel Indurain got the I'm dumb trophy.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I guess no one is really interested in cleaning up the sport with all their half-assed admissions.

But.. but... they all said that they came forward to clean up the sport! Surely you aren't insinuating that they were disingenuous? Surely...

Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [thndrmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Waste of time and money. I finally left after 5 minutes into the panel discussion.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [owen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched it. Pretty cool to see where he grew up in Montana. He was a bad ass ski racer at a VERY young age. One can assume he was born with an incredible amount of athletic talent based on his early life.

I loved the interviews of him as a kid at the ski races. He straight up called out his competition as a 10 year old. That was awesome.

Other than that...it was mediocre at best.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [owen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 8 minutes of the panel that i saw, before i could take no more, was shockingly awful.

you've got dempsey, levi, and danielson on the stage.... there are 1 million interesting questions you can ask!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also found in funny it appeared not many people were actually at the panel discussing and they added the clapping to the movie.
Quote Reply
Re: Levi has my respect. [PaintIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaintIt wrote:
I have to say that was horribly produced. The scenes were blurry and the color sucked. After the first couple minutes all of the 12 people in the theater were wondering if it was the movie or the theater. The only decent footage was from races that were televised.

Not much of a cycling community you live in, we had at least 15 people in our theater. It was mildly entertaining. It would of been nice to see more of the behind the scenes stuff at some of the races. On the plus side, his wife is easy on the eyes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next