Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [IronWidow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple solution.

Dont do his laundry. Don make his meals. Split chores and NEVER do his. If he denies you sex, tell him you will be dating members on ST.

But, always be interested in his hobby! That's all he wants. He is an adul, he won't starve. He will find food. He will wear dirty clothes, maybe, but that's his problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Simple solution.

Dont do his laundry. Don make his meals. Split chores and NEVER do his. If he denies you sex, tell him you will be dating members on ST.

But, always be interested in his hobby! That's all he wants. He is an adul, he won't starve. He will find food. He will wear dirty clothes, maybe, but that's his problem.

I'm pretty sure I tried all of those...;) Except for telling him I'd be dating other people because despite whatever crap he pulls I'm not going to cheat on my husband. Despite all of that (and yes, I'm a cute girl) his bike seat still sees more action then I do. And triathlon is his love. Not much I can do to change that.
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
rubberchicken wrote:
"too...tired for sex" ? I don't think I've ever been that tired. EVER!

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

X2

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [bkemp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love triathlon. I'd do it way more if I could. I also love my wife, and I'd do her more if she'd let me :-)

she hates triathlon, mainly because of the cost, the time, the lack of jobs I do around the house, and she busts my balls about it.

Now however, I have cut way back on tri, and miss it a lot, but I have my marriage and she's been a lot nicer lately, so I guess it's worth it. Now if she'd just put out more, I'd have no complaints :-)

sorry your guy hasn't seen the light, and has chosen tri's. Hopefully you get a better adjusted guy next time.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is obviously a very old thread, and I am sure all of what could be said has been said. But I just have to throw in my 2 cents. What about us Iron women that are working full time, taking care of our kids, supporting the household and doing all of the cooking, chores, maintenance, etc. And still find time to look nice for our husbands and still find time to spend time with them and still want sex just as much as ever and try to schedule our training so it has the least amount of impact on our partners.... and it still isn't enough?

Selfishness goes both ways. And f*ck you for making him feel this way and for doing it on a public forum. We all have goals in life. That means partners will have to make sacrifices for each other from time to time. Sometimes it will be grossly inequitable. That is marriage. When one is down, the other lifts him/her up. Eventually together you have balance, one way or another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to get new wife?
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [jennifer35mm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just registered for this? Pic please, so the rest of the sandbox can decide how seriously to take you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jennifer35mm wrote:
This is obviously a very old thread, and I am sure all of what could be said has been said. But I just have to throw in my 2 cents. What about us Iron women that are working full time, taking care of our kids, supporting the household and doing all of the cooking, chores, maintenance, etc. And still find time to look nice for our husbands and still find time to spend time with them and still want sex just as much as ever and try to schedule our training so it has the least amount of impact on our partners.... and it still isn't enough?

Selfishness goes both ways. And f*ck you for making him feel this way and for doing it on a public forum. We all have goals in life. That means partners will have to make sacrifices for each other from time to time. Sometimes it will be grossly inequitable. That is marriage. When one is down, the other lifts him/her up. Eventually together you have balance, one way or another.

You tell her Jennifer!!! We need more girls like you here on ST!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's been pent up inside her for over a year :)

Seriously, of all of the threads to bring back to life, this is not one of them. I blame Slowman for killing the hotties thread, the IMFL T3 girl thread, and all those other entertaining ones :)

OneGoodLeg wrote:
You just registered for this? Pic please, so the rest of the sandbox can decide how seriously to take you...

Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:

And get the rest of the sister wives in the shot too!

I mean, welcome to Slowtwitch . . .

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey...did you happen to catch that flick "slumdog millionaire"??

man...great movie. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds a little dramatic. Most family athletes train before anyone wakes. Or at least most have discussed their training plan. Sounds like yours isnt the case. Get a divorce and be happy, do what you like. Dont waste time on a person that rude to you. hope you will find a person who meets the needs you desire. Maybe he will meet someone who better fits his lifestyle, bummer yall grew in different directions in life. Maybe you could take piano lessons or start a hobby of your own.
Not many men are too tired for a blow job, dont be selfish for sex . trade off on the oral ?
cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pic added.. sorry the sister wives weren't available ...

I have been a long time lurker of ST, and this post caught me because I am living it currently and it struck a major chord with me. I just want people to know that it's not just the men, and it's not just the ones that AREN'T pulling their weight in other areas. I do EVERYTHING in my marriage, including financially supporting my husband and it is still not enough. Thankfully, I have HAD enough and will be taking the steps needed to move on with my life.. Without him. Sorry for the dramatic entrance, but happy to finally come out of lurkdom. I need to be with my people! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jennifer35mm wrote:

I have been a long time lurker of ST, and this post caught me because I am living it currently and it struck a major chord with me. I just want people to know that it's not just the men, and it's not just the ones that AREN'T pulling their weight in other areas. I do EVERYTHING in my marriage, including financially supporting my husband and it is still not enough. Thankfully, I have HAD enough and will be taking the steps needed to move on with my life.. Without him. Sorry for the dramatic entrance, but happy to finally come out of lurkdom. I need to be with my people! :)

That's a nice set of hooter's you got there...

Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@get2T2: Well played :-)

Welcome @Jennifer35mm :-)

And we've got a pulse. Is the thread going to be revived for at least a couple of hours? I hope so. I got a few chuckles from this one when it was a newborn.

---------

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Last edited by: craigstrispot: Jun 19, 13 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite a debut.

Takes cojones to make that decision and proceed.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad you had the power and insight to move on and up.. best of luck...

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:
jennifer35mm wrote:

That's a nice set of hooter's you got there...

Shazam! I'm thinking j35mm has a bright future in this joint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes you are an Ironman widow! But just like life and sports there is always someone smarter then you and faster then you. As for an Ironman widow mine has you beat. Since 1989 I would say the number one IM widow in the world would be my bride of 37 years Rose. She has withstood the events, my travel, my training and working in between, and most of all my moods trying to keep it all sane. We both work on it together and with some roads bumps along the way she is the one that makes it smooth sailing. She is the one that makes sure you hear those words I love to say!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey ... you're hot. We take back everything we said about you, but not about your gay to be ex-husband :)

jennifer35mm wrote:

Quote | Reply
Amen sister! This single triathlete would love to find someone as passionate about the sport as she is.
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [cdntrigrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cdntrigrl wrote:
Amen sister! This single triathlete would love to find someone as passionate about the sport as she is.

Given that about 80-85% of the entries in any given tri are men, you girls really should not have any problem. Sure, a lot of them are married but so are a lot of the women. Overall I'm quite confident that you both should have the upper hand and lots of choice:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jennifer35mm wrote:

before you posted the pic... i's all like man she needs to chill.
after you posted the pic... i's all like yeah man she needs to leave him.

-Jason
Quote | Reply
jennifer35mm wrote:

If you do all that stuff then what exactly does your husband do? No job, no chores, no tending to the kids...uh, what else is there?
Quote Reply
Re: Letter from an Ironman widow [ninesixfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ninesixfour wrote:
jennifer35mm wrote:

If you do all that stuff then what exactly does your husband do? No job, no chores, no tending to the kids...uh, what else is there?

Maybe she married Captain Canada? He stays busy.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply

Prev Next