Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22
Quote | Reply
For the final 50 miles, I am allowed to have support, recommended in 10 mile increments. If anybody has this event on their bucket list, here is a chance to get a 10 mile dose of what you're up for when your time comes.

I have just rented a condo in Copper Mountain that sleeps 6, so your housing and food are covered. Training camp was awesome and I think that I have a high chance of finishing in under 30 hours to get the coveted belt buckle.

However, I know now that I need your help the final 50 miles. Please PM or post here if you are interested!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What pace?
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds awesome, I think i may be interested! Pace?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey not to derail your thread, but I'm looking for a pacer as well. Perhaps we could do an omnibus Leadville pacer request thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've paced the Powerline section a couple times in the past, but I've never done Hope Pass. So if you need someone for that leg, l'm interested!
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [Emilyk318] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilyk318 wrote:
What pace?

Crawling-to finish with a belt buckle, I average 3.3 mph. In training camp, I averaged a little under 5 mph when running.

It's the 12,600' altitude climb up Hope Pass and keeping up sufficient pace at 3 AM where I am concerned. But almost walk pace, unless you're as short as I am...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
This sounds awesome, I think i may be interested! Pace?

I was amongst the slowest at training camp because I'm 55 years old, but I plan on NOT being in the 60+ percent that doesn't finish.

I have to average at least 3.3 mph, in the dark, going uphill and steep down hill, which is harder than it sounds, otherwise there would be more finishers.

My pace on the last 50 miles will be barely above the minimum-this is an extremely difficult event, or I would not ask for help.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [thatsethguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatsethguy wrote:
I've paced the Powerline section a couple times in the past, but I've never done Hope Pass. So if you need someone for that leg, l'm interested!

Since you have experience in the race, I would LOVE to have you help me over the hardest climb!

Please PM me for details of the condo address, etc.

Many thanks for your kind offer!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [hankscorpio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hankscorpio wrote:
Hey not to derail your thread, but I'm looking for a pacer as well. Perhaps we could do an omnibus Leadville pacer request thread?

I have no problem with the idea-carpooling is recommended to avoid traffic and help with supplies and / or runners not finding their pacers, etc.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be in. I need to check with the Iamironman family.

Proud Representative of Slowtwitch Anti-Atheists Society.
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [Iamironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iamironman wrote:
I might be in. I need to check with the Iamironman family.

It's a stunning course and well worth the experience.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sally,
My girlfriend ran Leadville last year and used this as a guide for her pacing. http://www.dclundell.net/...g/info/train100.html
It was very helpful to her. Fantastic event! I paced her for the last 40 miles and loved it. Happy to have missed out on the Hope Pass section as she told me that one of her mile splits was about 42 minutes and she passed some people. From the time I met her until the finish we passed 100 people by hiking the uphills, jogging the downhills and flats and quickly moving through the aid stations.
Good headlamps are a must. We used Petzl Nao's and they lasted through the entire night.
I hope that you have a great race.
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired Aug 22 [JKP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the pace link and particularly for the light recommendation.

I used my bike-based headlamp during the training camp night run, which was bright enough, but the battery pack was far too heavy for race day.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply