Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leadville 100 MTB and 70.3 WC
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried this? Turnaround looks pretty short, roughly 3 weeks with lots of travelling for me (thinking I may give it a go in 2015). How long did the recovery take from Leadville? How did you balance the training leading up? From a normal 70.3 build, did you maintain key swims and runs, drop moderate/easy/extra swims and runs, and then up bike volume with a mix of mtb and 70.3 specific rides?
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville 100 MTB and 70.3 WC [renolaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're truly competitive enough to qualify for the 70.3 WCs, then 4 weeks between the two shouldn't even be a concern. Leadville is a mountain bike race for roadies. Don't even really need to change your training plan. Should probably do some extra climbing, but that's all. It's all about endurance, not technical skills. Your rear end and wrists will probably hurt longer than your legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville 100 MTB and 70.3 WC [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, the internet is full of horror stories about how hard Leadville is so having the ST input is good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
assume you keep it upright at Leadville and your prep is good for (large doses of aerobic conditioning) you should be fine.

1 have 1 athlete pulling the double.

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing a 100mi run race 4 weeks later, I'm not worried about recovery
Quote Reply