Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [Z1ELEVEN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trending.............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you've kept yourself busy, graeme ;-)

i've always liked your bikes. they've gotten cleaner and cleaner. and i think you might've hit the market at the right time.

i never have been able to get my arms around the geometries of your bikes. i'd like to know more. the 3 things i'd like to know are:

1. how they fit
2. how they handle
3. how is the front end settled on? and i mean the aerobars, pads, extensions. are they adjustable or just built fully custom? how are the dimensions or molds decided on, if that's the case?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z1ELEVEN wrote:
What do you think ????

Edited because I was wrong!
Last edited by: knighty76: May 6, 16 4:08
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love the look of these bikes, and if i were back to long-course, they'd be high on my list. seconding dan's question re. fit:

i generally like a steep seat angle . . . and my eyeball protractor suggests that bike is indeed very steep. is it?

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z1ELEVEN wrote:
What do you think ????
I think the bike looks interesting but the website needs some help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,

1/ All custom built, so the geometry is how the client wants it. For my own personal race bikes I like them very low and aero. Works for me, and they are so much faster.

2/ They seem to handle pretty well. Just normal geometry. 73 degree head angle with 43mm rake. People always say to me that a radical TT bike would be useless up the hills (especially with my 1 X single chainring race spec) but they actually fly up the hills.

3/ Just however the client wants. I mainly do frameset only, so client sets them up how they like. My STANDARD frameset uses just a normal fork, so all the conventional stems, bars and aerobars fit. Most of my recent bike have been like this. My RADICAL AERO model is a little bit different, as is very low, but can be custom made to fit most people.

Haha, Yes I've been busy. I should really update my website, as it doesn't even have all my recent models. But if it looks too good then too many athletes will want my bikes. Like them exclusive and hard to get :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lovely frame, I've been eyeing your design for years. I really like the seat post with multiple holes to get a range of heights and offset. Do you need a torque wrench on these or are they pretty robust?

How much does this frame cost?

Finally what is the connection with cycpro? I thought they were going to start manufacturing this design. Perhaps not, so it's going to remain a pretty exclusive offering.

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so, let's say i wanted a bike with 80mm of BB drop, stack of 545mm, reach of 430mm, chainstay of 395mm, seat angle of 79° through the center of the saddle's rails, granting a seat height range of 77cm to 81cm or so, you just ask if that will be cash or charge and build it?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently had Graeme build me a bike . . .

I should have it in a couple of weeks as it just has to be shipped.
Below are the pictures that Graeme sent me.

For anyone interested I can confirm the fact that Graeme built this to my custom dimensions.
You can tell just by looking that he's an artist as well as a great guy.
He is very easy to work with and included a few special requests in this build.
This is certainly an upgrade from my Softride Rocketwing that I crashed last April.
Needless to say I'm very excited to be soon riding a Pearson beam bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've emailed you few years ago about your bikes. In the States, your bikes are not as well known. However they are amazing looking I think.

I think what Dan was looking for is 'typical' stack/reach numbers for your typical S/M/L frame size. I realize these frames may be so custom that you could make anything. It is just gives people an idea of what is possible and to compare to other frames.

Keep at it, beam bikes seem to be getting much more attention in recent years.

Z1ELEVEN wrote:
Hi Dan,

1/ All custom built, so the geometry is how the client wants it. For my own personal race bikes I like them very low and aero. Works for me, and they are so much faster.

2/ They seem to handle pretty well. Just normal geometry. 73 degree head angle with 43mm rake. People always say to me that a radical TT bike would be useless up the hills (especially with my 1 X single chainring race spec) but they actually fly up the hills.

3/ Just however the client wants. I mainly do frameset only, so client sets them up how they like. My STANDARD frameset uses just a normal fork, so all the conventional stems, bars and aerobars fit. Most of my recent bike have been like this. My RADICAL AERO model is a little bit different, as is very low, but can be custom made to fit most people.

Haha, Yes I've been busy. I should really update my website, as it doesn't even have all my recent models. But if it looks too good then too many athletes will want my bikes. Like them exclusive and hard to get :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any position possible. 'Blade' seatpost can be set up to give you a steep seat angle, or in it's rear position more of a standard setback.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,

Pretty robust design, and also has fine tune height adjustment in there too where the saddle mounts.

Connection with cycpro has finished.

The 'STANDARD' Z1-ELEVEN frameset is around $2700USD (2360 Euro's). Custom built.

The 'RADICAL AERO' model frameset cost is around $4100USD (3600 Euro's) and
that includes the special front end with special forks, stem and hidden brakes. As pictured below

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I discuss it with the client. Look at their position on the bike they ride at present, look at 'bike fit' data, discuss their requirements.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
right. i'm trying to find out what you can do. the range of what you can do. let's say i'm the client. i don't need to discuss it. i know what i want. i gave you the specs, and you can feel free to put your standard front end on it (73° 43mm). can you build that bike?

or, is it that you have these models, these molds, that's what you can build? i can give you the bike geometry in old-fartie spec-speak: top tube, head tube, etc. but for the purposes of this exercise, i don't want to talk about it, i just want the bike per the specs i gave you in the post above. can you make that bike? or how does it go?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,

Yes I can build it. I can do the full range. Whatever you want. Custom. Not restricted to 'these models, these molds'.

I've got a couple of very interesting builds coming up. Some 'one off' designs where the client is specifying a certain shape of bike and I'm making that. Some very special bikes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next