Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last weekends failure
Quote | Reply
Well I promised a report so here it is. If some of you are reading this and do not know what is going on I'll explain. Last week at the Ralph's California Half Ironman one of our (Renn) discs failed. The rim separated from the composite. This was the second rim separation since changing glue over 600 wheels ago. We feel this is two too many and take this very seriously. Upon inspection of this wheel the reason for the failure is very clear. After prep of the rim (sanding) the rim was not wiped down chemically (the most important step for a good bond). This is a wheel according to our records was prep'ed and bonded by yours truly. I can not blame this on "one of the guys in the back". This is after many talks to our employees emphasizing how important these wheels be as carefully construct throughout, then only to find out "the man" screwed up.

So, all of you that ride our product should rest assured that this is an isolated case and our structure and build technique is sound.

Frank Rehnelt, Renn Multisport

Quote Reply
Re: Last weekends failure [Frank Rehnelt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so tired of corporations spinning any negative news that I have started turning off the radio\TV when the spiel starts. It is wonderfully refreshing to see the owner of a company take responsibility for a problem.

Mr. Rehnelt, I do not currently have enough money saved up to buy one of your wheels (as reasonably as they are priced) but as soon as I do, I will be buying one. I believe that good products are produced by good companies that are run by good men\women. If your communications on this board are any indication, you are definitely a good man.

Thanks for your honesty.

David Litherland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, Frank. That had to be a hard post to write. Thanks for being upfront and honest. I take this as further vindication that I made a good choice when I bought my Renn last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank,

Thanks for your honest report. I rode my Renn disk down that hill without a problem last Saturday and will not hesitate to do so again. I believe you when you say that was an isolated problem and I will continue to recommend Renn wheels to others. I enjoy putting that disc on my bike to go racin' I wasn't very racy on Saturday but that wasn't bike's or my wheel's fault. :(

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost unheard of. We should immediately alert the media! I can see the headlines now: "Owner takes full responsibility" "What was Frank thinking?!!" etc.

I'm a proud Renn disc owner. This is one reason why.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are a stand-up gentleman. I am doing business with you. You are the kind of guy who's team I want to be on. Five stars.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow i think i have a man crush now. never had one before. wanna dance frank?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply