Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last long run prior to 50k... whats your go to workout
Quote | Reply
50k is planned for 3 1/2 weeks out... Whats your one last go to run to test yourself. Relatively flat 6 mile loop for 5 rounds is the course. Previous long workout has been 2 hr bike at MAF then 90 min run off the bike at MAF
Last edited by: jakemet85: Feb 23, 18 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: Last long run prior to 50k... whats your go to workout [jakemet85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last flat 50k I ran, I started training 3 weeks prior, so you're already way ahead of me. However, 5 days out, I did a 20-miler with the goal of building through the end, nailing nutrition/hydration, and finishing feeling good.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Last long run prior to 50k... whats your go to workout [jakemet85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! A classic is the fast finish long run - first half just below race pace, second half either all at race pace, or building and finish just at race pace. First half is really just to build fatigue, then practice running fast on tired legs. Good confidence booster too. Length depending on your conditioning. So if you are well prepared you could do 40, with second half faster. If you are less prepared make it shorter, but still finish fast!

Also great opportunity to dial in nutrition. Set up a little table or stash bottles to mimic race conditions.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Last long run prior to 50k... whats your go to workout [scandinavianguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
21 or 22 miles, with as strong a finish as possible helped me on my best executed 50km.
Quote Reply