Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last Name on Bib
Quote | Reply
I realize only a few men's age groups are usually impacted, but I wonder if WTC has ever considered opting for last names on race bibs vs first names. For those of us in two wave age groups and who have M-Z last names, it would be nice to know if you are coming up on someone from your wave or the preceding wave. Clearly this is not a big deal whatsoever, but just something I have often noodled over.
Quote Reply
Re: Last Name on Bib [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up until a couple of years ago you got one number with your first name and one with your last name. Almost everyone used the first name number so I think they just decided to go with the first name on both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People use the first name ones so people can cheer for them.

One solution for multiple waves/AG is to mark an A/B/C after the person's age (ex. 45B) on their calf.

Another is for them to split the wave by age rather than alpha.

On a similar note, I wish they'd mark people's numbers or name somewhere where it's visible from behind on the bike. It's more effective when you can shout "On your left 1265" or "On your left Bob".*

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think having the first letter of last name under the age on calf would be the best thing or wave 1 or 2. Havjng it on the bib makes it harder to see it. If you are passing or being passed then you see it.
Quote Reply