Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Las Vegas Area People
Quote | Reply
I'm being recruited for a job there (from Michigan). I love the area do the thought of living there does excite me. The process is still a long way out and may not go any where but I'd like to know how the training/racing scene is. When I visit a couple times a year I see tons of runners and bikers, but I don't know much beyond that. Thanks for any insight.

Quote | Reply
Hi
You have a tone of different events/clubs/teams out in Las Vegas. For cycling the roads are pretty new and a lot of good riding can be found before for Road and Off-Road.
Depending on where you want to live Summerlin/Henderson/Green Valley etc you will come across a very active community. Interbike is also a fun event.

Events For Tri
Silverman 70.3, PumpkinMan, Xterra and a bunch of smaller events.

Cycling
North las Vegas Century, Tour de Summerlin, 3 Feet for Pete and a bunch of other events

Clubs Teams Tri
Las Vegas Tri Club, Life Time Fitness, Las Vegas Cyclery Team, Las Vegas Trit Training Group

Cycling
Las Vegas Valley Bicycle Club, Mchgies Bike & Ski, Las Vegas Cyclery,

This is a good website to check out
www.bikinglasvegas.com/

Areas to Ride
Blue Diamond, Lake Mead Roads, North las vegas out to Indian Springs, Red Rock and south out to Jean.

Swim Desert Breeze is good, or Viva Las Vegas Masters(summerlin)

Also you 5 hours from California, Utah and Arizona ..... plenty of racing

Hope this helps
Last edited by: Ozlas: Jun 26, 15 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas Area People [Ozlas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really helpful reply, so I'm going to hijack the post a bit. Based in Sweden I typically try to get a week of riding in Feb/March somewhere warm such as the canary islands. However there is a 'cheap' airline flying Stockholm to Las Vegas for just a bit more than the cost of going to Lanzarote at that time of the year. Is there anywhere you'd suggest basing oneself that is good for riding and has lots for the family to do?

SteveMc
Quote Reply