Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lange's zipper below sternum
Quote | Reply
Why does he get to do it but we don't? F**k that stupid rule!
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both Lange and McNamee

I know it's a silly thing, but what if this silly rule was the deciding factor for LS taking the time to change to a running singlet to avoid the risk of a low zipper on a tri suit?

It's a dumb rule, but it is the rule and should be enforced.

Similar to how Jesse Thomas previously took the time and literal pain to have his tri suit duct-taped shut after a broken zipper, but in a later race Sebi didn't get a penalty for his sternum showing because the referees said his zipper breaking wasn't intentional.

*EDIT* Per the rule book, it is a disqualification if you don't correct it, not a penalty.
Last edited by: trineuropa: Oct 14, 17 18:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And is there no littering on the run? Hell of a run though.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought they initially just warned you to zip up rather than get a penalty with first warning, no?
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the offense is indexed to the attractiveness of your torso. 5% body fat pro? No problem. Sloppy / hairy chested MOPer? Penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:

Yeah, can you imagine if they gave him the 5-minute penalty for littering?!

Lange goes from 1st to 2nd (still 31 seconds up on McNamee), LS takes the title, Crowie's record stands, and slowtwich servers meltdown.

Seriously tho. Glad they didn't call the penalty. Would've loved to see LS pull it off but not like that. Lange clearly the better athlete of the day and deserving of the title and the course record.

What a race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"In an effort to better define the rule prohibiting bare torsos during the bike and run, and to align with the global standard, uniforms with a front zipper must not be undone below the point of the end of the breastbone (sternum). If not remedied promptly, athletes will be issued a disqualification."

He did always seem to zip back up promptly.

Littering, on the other hand...he did seem to be throwing stuff out of his suit all along the course, not just at the aid stations.

Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 14, 17 18:18
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone knows which socks was Lange running on? I want them!
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
"In an effort to better define the rule prohibiting bare torsos during the bike and run, ..."

So apparently the global outrage doesn't apply to the women. People are too easily offended, and I get sick of having to pander to the thinest skins. Let 'em race naked if they want.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:
"In an effort to better define the rule prohibiting bare torsos during the bike and run, ..."

So apparently the global outrage doesn't apply to the women. People are too easily offended, and I get sick of having to pander to the thinest skins. Let 'em race naked if they want.

Who is offended?
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhr wrote:
brider wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Who is offended?

The people who pushed for the rule.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
I thought they initially just warned you to zip up rather than get a penalty with first warning, no?

Yeah, I believe it is a warning and then if you don't zip it up then a dc?

I had a race official pull up to me on a moped during the IM CDA and ask me to zip up my shirt which was maybe 3 inches below the sternum. I followed his directions. Though in my head I was like "Screw you, it's 90+ degrees and there is no shade on this stretch. You should be more concerned about all the drafters and blockers on the bike course than a few more inches of my skin showing."

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an official at BSLT try to DQ me for the first offense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No enforced penalty this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [feedthereed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
feedthereed wrote:
mike s wrote:

Yeah, can you imagine if they gave him the 5-minute penalty for littering?!

Lange goes from 1st to 2nd (still 31 seconds up on McNamee), LS takes the title, Crowie's record stands, and slowtwich servers meltdown.

Seriously tho. Glad they didn't call the penalty. Would've loved to see LS pull it off but not like that. Lange clearly the better athlete of the day and deserving of the title and the course record.

What a race!

So breaking the rules is ok if you’re fast enough?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In '94 I was doing an Olympic in Heidelberg Germany. It was hot so in the last couple of miles of the run, I took my shirt off. About a mile from the finish, as we ran along the big river that goes thru Heidelberg, an official came up on a motorcycle and yelled at me. I tried to wear him out with my "I'm just a stupid American so I don't understand what you're saying" act. He was one tenacious mofo. I put my shirt back on.

Meanwhile, not 10meters away from our riverside path, there were hundreds of chicks laying on towels soaking up the sun. Topless.

It's really a stupid rule.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Lange's zipper below sternum [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
In '94 I was doing an Olympic in Heidelberg Germany. It was hot so in the last couple of miles of the run, I took my shirt off. About a mile from the finish, as we ran along the big river that goes thru Heidelberg, an official came up on a motorcycle and yelled at me. I tried to wear him out with my "I'm just a stupid American so I don't understand what you're saying" act. He was one tenacious mofo. I put my shirt back on.

Meanwhile, not 10meters away from our riverside path, there were hundreds of chicks laying on towels soaking up the sun. Topless.

It's really a stupid rule.

Does the race still exist?

Asking for a friend.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply