Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland??
Quote | Reply
Lance Armstrong to Race at Rev3 Half Full, MACTC Championship

Baltimore, M.D. – On Wednesday, Rev3 Half Full (http://www.halffulltri.org) and the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults announced that Lance Armstrong, CEO of the Livestrong Foundation and seven-time Tour de France winner, will join members of the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Triathlon Conference (MACTC) and the general public at this year’s October 7th race in Columbia, Maryland. Rev3 Half Full will serve as the MACTC Championship, the conclusion of a five-race series that qualifies college triathletes for USAT Collegiate Nationals. After electing not to pursue a defense of charges levied by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) on August 23rd, Armstrong was banned from racing in the USA Track and Field sanctioned Chicago Marathon and all future World Triathlon Corporation events. This ban will keep Armstrong from competing at the Ironman World Championships in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, on October 13th and left the professional triathlete looking for races.

Allies in the fight against cancer, the Ulman Cancer Fund and the Lance Armstrong Foundation have long enjoyed a strong relationship.

The addition of Armstrong to the pro field promises to bring a heightened sense of excitement to Rev3 Half Full and the MACTC Championship.

After the first two races of the series, Navy’s David MacFarlane and Elizabeth Milewski top the individual standings after winning their respective collegiate titles at the C2 Triathlon Festival in Lake Lure, N.C., while both the Navy men and women are the top teams. The rest of the series is as follows:

2012-13 MACTC Race Series September 22 -- Wilmington YMCA Wilmington, NC Race Website September 29 -- Bugeye Classic Cambridge, MD Race Website October 7 -- Rev3 Half Full Columbia, MD Race Website

------

The Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Triathlon Conference (MACTC) is an association of the colleges and universities within the USA Triathlon’s Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States, which is comprised of the states of Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia. The MACTC is recognized as the governing body for the sport of collegiate triathlon for all schools within these states.

Professional triathlete Lance Armstrong competing in Panama City before World Triathlon Corporation ban. (Amulfo Franco/AP)

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So glad I will be flying out to Hawaii that day for my honeymoon .... Don't want to be anywhere near Howard County when king D-Bag shows up with the circus!! ;-P

Quote | Reply
And Lance just tweeted he looked forward to racing Half Full....

"Can't wait to race w/ fellow survivors in the @halffulltri benefiting the @UlmanCancerFnd on Oct. 7th. http://Ulmanfund.org #UCFYA"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My question is....how can he with the lifetime ban?

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZackC. wrote:

how long is a half full race these days ? or is it just the same as a half empty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZackC. wrote:

I confirmed with the race director a few minutes ago. Ulman Cancer Fun was founded by Doug Ulman now Livestrong CEO. The race will not be USAT sanctioned, but have private insurer. I'm fairly confident after a quick call to USAT that the collegiate championship will be invalidated because the race isnt sanctioned.

Im racing still, because Ive already committed a year to fundraising, and paid for travel and lodging. Were that not the case I wouldnt be.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:

Hmmm. I thought since WTC and Rev3 are both sanctioned by USAT that Lance would not be racing either.

Personally, I'm glad he's competing though.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Daremo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Don't want to be anywhere near Howard County when king D-Bag shows up with the circus!! " (Daremo)

Why do you call Lance a D-Bag? (Examples)
Last edited by: TriBeer: Sep 19, 12 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
ZackC. wrote:

I confirmed with the race director a few minutes ago. Ulman Cancer Fun was founded by Doug Ulman now Livestrong CEO. The race will not be USAT sanctioned, but have private insurer. I'm fairly confident after a quick call to USAT that the collegiate championship will be invalidated because the race isnt sanctioned.

Im racing still, because Ive already committed a year to fundraising, and paid for travel and lodging. Were that not the case I wouldnt be.

Hahahahahahah, pick6 lined up at the start shoulder to shoulder with Lance. Get us some pics!!!!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:

Hmmm. I thought since WTC and Rev3 are both sanctioned by USAT that Lance would not be racing either.

Personally, I'm glad he's competing though.

This race is being organized under Rev3's team but not run officially as a rev 3 race. The race director isnt charlie, it's a member of the UCF staff, so they chose to go with another provider for Lance to race. This was hinted at a few weeks ago, but I personally hoped it wasn't true.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seriously, it isn't obvious? how about enforcing omerta by chasing down Simeoni? That's enough douche baggery to last a lifetime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you get me his autograph?

Shake his hand for me, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
pick6 wrote:
ZackC. wrote:

Hahahahahahah, pick6 lined up at the start shoulder to shoulder with Lance. Get us some pics!!!!

He's racing in the cancer survivor wave, which at least has one other fast person in it, the Wassner twin who is a survivor (who Im guessing didnt develop her cancer due to doping.)

It was hard not to call and cancel everything, as I spent the morning thinking about it. It was hinted at weeks ago, and I almost got enough info ahead of time to cancel before committing to hotel. Yes, I do think financially it will benefit UCF in the short term, and from the financials I see no way Lance gets anything out of this unless UCF is paying him an appearance fee (which Ive asked and havent heard back about). Their pro field wasnt full, but since he's not racing that wave im not sure it will make a difference. A couple of pros who have committed have been outspoken about Lance, so this whole thing will be interesting to say the least.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
"Don't want to be anywhere near Howard County when king D-Bag shows up with the circus!! " (Daremo)

What do you call Lance a D-Bag? (Examples)

Blinders. They are a wonderful thing.

Even forgetting all the drug stuff, there is still a huge history of him being a douche all over the place.

(However, based on history as well, trying to convince you otherwise is a waste of bytes.)

Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
pick6 wrote:
ZackC. wrote:

He's racing in the cancer survivor wave, which at least has one other fast person in it, the Wassner twin who is a survivor (who Im guessing didnt develop her cancer due to doping.)

It was hard not to call and cancel everything, as I spent the morning thinking about it. It was hinted at weeks ago, and I almost got enough info ahead of time to cancel before committing to hotel. Yes, I do think financially it will benefit UCF in the short term, and from the financials I see no way Lance gets anything out of this unless UCF is paying him an appearance fee (which Ive asked and havent heard back about). Their pro field wasnt full, but since he's not racing that wave im not sure it will make a difference. A couple of pros who have committed have been outspoken about Lance, so this whole thing will be interesting to say the least.

Ok, way to stick with factual info. As outspoken as you are about this subject if you had any credibility at all you'd be skipping this race and standing up for your convictions.