Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance is Clean [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'e been waiting all along for a post about how crappy the American public (and due-process) is?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [The Real Animal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He's a disgusting individual.

Have you actually met him? Or did you come to this conclusion by what you have experienced through the media?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Feb 3, 12 15:25
Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [SavageHouck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps that should have been in pink font for you. The manic Lance haters amuse me.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's doing what the typical Lance haters do. Use big angry words in nonsensical sentences while alluding to media stories they read one time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First the Kennedy Assasination and now this! Must be a Dallas thing to get 10,000 people to lie and cover for something!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
He's doing what the typical Lance haters do. Use big angry words in nonsensical sentences while alluding to media stories they read one time.

Yes, I know that. I 'd like to see how he replies. You know, for entertainment value. And it may help us all learn something.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I offer you my apologies sir.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [SavageHouck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. I hate using pink font for some reason but I should.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid wrote:
Quote:
He already has been found that he doped.

The extent of his doping is the issue.

His whole career is a disgrace. He's a disgusting individual. I was really hoping for a jail term. I guess when you've got the money, power and influence all you have to do is scream cancer and you get off.

This is a sad state of affairs.

But so long as stupid americans still believe and so long as people shout cancer cancer cancer to raise awareness (because nobody knows that cancer is) then everything is all OK.

His whole glorification is more indicative of how naive and gullible the general population is, rather than a testament to anything he has done on or off the bike.

Wow. I can only imagine how dramatic you get with real issues.

+1. Stole the words right off my fingertips.
Last edited by: Furix: Feb 3, 12 15:33
Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [screamin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
screamin wrote:
First the Kennedy Assasination and now this!
We all know that it was the Comedian who did it ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance never tested positive for any banned substance at any positive threshold level in his career. That is his reality whether you choose to ignore it or not.

Do I know with certainly he did not dope? No. Nor do I know with certainty that LeMond, Indurain and Hinault never doped. I do know for sure 100 percent that Merckx cheated. How? because he was caught cheating in the Giro and banned from the sport for a period of time. So what does that say about Belgian and French fans who revere him as a god and attack Armstrong????

Merckx is ne of my favorites too, but he did cheat, and thats not speculation, its fact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish the poster called Roadhouse would come back and write about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that you, Mr. Tygart?

http://www.usada.org/media/statement232012

for those dogs who can't let go of the sock ... never fear, USADA will help you out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched over from hater to fanboy just in time!

ALL YOU HATERS CAN SUCK LANCE'S BALL!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Real Animal wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Maybe he didn't dope.

His whole career is a disgrace. He's a disgusting individual. I was really hoping for a jail term. I guess when you've got the money, power and influence all you have to do is scream cancer and you get off.

But so long as stupid americans still believe and so long as people shout cancer cancer cancer to raise awareness (because nobody knows that cancer is) then everything is all OK.

His whole glorification is more indicative of how naive and gullible the general population is, rather than a testament to anything he has done on or off the bike.

It's bad enough that you have such a hate-on for someone you don't know but then you show everyone what a xenophobe you are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Real Animal wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Maybe he didn't dope.

You need to crawl out from under the rock you live......nevermind - for the better of society, just stay there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y
Last edited by: dutchboy: Feb 3, 12 16:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i can hear the LA bashers heads exploding everywhere... this only adds fuel to their "theories"
Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [CUBuffFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the public generally was apathetic towards the whole idea of a government investigation into doping. If they couldn't nail Bonds or Clemens, was it really likely that they'd nail Lance? I didn't follow the Bonds case, but the Clemens case was a comedy of errors on the part of the Feds. When both those trials ended in less than dramatic fashion, I think the writing was on the wall. Ultimately, in an election year with a poor economy, the last thing that people wanted was the government spending money on investigating someone like Lance. And, to be quite honest, I'd say if Lance got busted while Clemens and Bonds walked, I'd say that was a travesty and the clear manifestation of an already overwhelming national bias towards "ball-sports."

I don't think there was any conspiracy. Nor do I think this proves anything one way or the other. I think it just shows that the Fed decided that it wasn't in their best interest to pursue doping in sport, and so they dropped the case.

I do expect that this likely does likely mean we'll see Lance at the starting line in a triathlon relatively soon. I don't imagine he wanted to commit to a race and then have to withdraw because of the federal investigation.

It will be interesting if USADA is allowed to access the grand jury testimony. The burden of proof on their part is significantly lower - which is not necessarily a good or bad thing - than the Feds was in trying to make the fraud case. If they don't have access to the grand jury testimony, I'd say that's the end of this whole thing...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I filed that news article in the same place I filed the OJ Simpson verdict.

Quote | Reply
+1.

Dropped charges do not equal innocence. This is an insult.
Last edited by: Jon h: Feb 3, 12 16:37
Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [Jon h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lance is Clean [Quel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quel wrote:
matto wrote:
Wow, seriously? I haven't been following this very closely but every time I looked it seemed that he was doomed.

What happened?

Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds looked like they were doomed too.

The only explanation for all three of those cases failing is that Jeff Novitzky is the worst investigator in the country.

Partially this. The prosecutors/DOJ saw the writing on the wall with the Bonds and Clemens cases. The Armstrong investigation may have continued had the those two cases had different and more favorable outcomes for the prosecution. That's just my speculation and I have zero insider knowledge as to the case.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, considering he has NEVER tested positive for anything EVER...I'd say it's about time we move on from this. The guy is clean, deal with it...

Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
Well, considering he has NEVER tested positive for anything EVER...I'd say it's about time we move on from this. The guy is clean, deal with it...

Except for that one positive in 99, right?
Last edited by: Jon h: Feb 3, 12 17:00
Quote Reply

Prev Next